Changing the recruiting strategy

I liked what he had to say, even most of his opinions held merit. If Green is ready to play the 2009 season then good, if not redshirt the kid and let him learn the offense. He can give us 5 good years and get a degree at the same time. He seems to be a workhorse and enjoys a challenge, he knows he has to compete and he wants to get some PT. I think the kid has a good head on his shoulders and he'll be happy to do what is best for him and for the Huskers.

Im sure some know this but the fastest way in my opinion to turn around any program is to go after all these RBs...Redshit these kids, teach them how to takle...So if I were a coach at the D1 level I would recruit RBs to play DBs and S... I would recuit S as LB..Most S come in around 200lbs so redshit/put on weight and u have LBs that can cover and tackle...Then go get 2 smaller DE that can rush the edge...with 2 Big Boys that can clog the middle....What Im sayin is if you look at most of the D1 Players that are Steller LB, S, CB they were all RBs in High School...Why? because every High School coach puts his best athlete at RB...obviously some RBs want to play RB in college but when its all said and done most want to go pro no matter what position