Simplify offense to get kids on the field quicker!

rkhufu7

And the West Coast system also has given us a devastatingly effective attack, one that's put up lots of yards and points, in addition to giving our D some breaks by dominating the time of possession. Our WCO has already been simplified and pared down quite a lot. We had playmakers last year at the top WR positions. I think we'll see Paul and Gilleylen break through.

The offense cannot be dumbed down more.

Some players just have it and dominate as freshmen, but those are rare. Not every "fast" or highly-rated receiver prospect is going to come in and pull a Dez Bryant.

Jones and Green started at Bama and UGA. The West Coast play calling system is complicated compared to the Sid Gillman/Don Coryell/Joe Gibbs system, that uses numbers for routes, this is a fact of football.

If you get a free education to play football, you should be able to learn a playbook. How are numbers more complicated than names? Easy vs. Complicated has everything to do with individual abilities of people, not the system itself, and it is an opinion regardless.

Also, a fact is something that is proven to be accurate 100% of the time. An opinion is what one person or a group of people believe that may or may not differ from another person or group.

Two examples (three if you count your unnatural crush on Dez Bryant) doesn't make it a rule. Zoogies said that "not every" one of these would play right away. I'm sure there are more than 3 fast and highly rated receivers that are in the first year of their college career.

90% of the NFL calls plays with the "West Coast System" so maybe you don't play right away in college, but its easier to pick up if you get to the NFL. If we're talking about highly rated WR, that is a consideration as well. Granted, most of those won't even pan out in college, let alone the NFL.

I think we need to let the OC of an offense that has been top 15 two years in a row call these shots, don't you?

Some players just have it and dominate as freshmen, but those are rare. Not every "fast" or highly-rated receiver prospect is going to come in and pull a Dez Bryant.

Jones and Green started at Bama and UGA. The West Coast play calling system is complicated compared to the Sid Gillman/Don Coryell/Joe Gibbs system, that uses numbers for routes, this is a fact of football.

If you get a free education to play football, you should be able to learn a playbook. How are numbers more complicated than names? Easy vs. Complicated has everything to do with individual abilities of people, not the system itself, and it is an opinion regardless.

Also, a fact is something that is proven to be accurate 100% of the time. An opinion is what one person or a group of people believe that may or may not differ from another person or group.

Two examples (three if you count your unnatural crush on Dez Bryant) doesn't make it a rule. Zoogies said that "not every" one of these would play right away. I'm sure there are more than 3 fast and highly rated receivers that are in the first year of their college career.

90% of the NFL calls plays with the "West Coast System" so maybe you don't play right away in college, but its easier to pick up if you get to the NFL. If we're talking about highly rated WR, that is a consideration as well. Granted, most of those won't even pan out in college, let alone the NFL.

I think we need to let the OC of an offense that has been top 15 two years in a row call these shots, don't you?

Gillman and WC system are both West Coast per se, but Gillman's system is big OL, fast WRs and a power running game, with a big play-action game that tries to hit deep passes. The WC as per Walsh requires big WRs, more movement by OL, therefore requiring smaller, quicker types. The QB doesn't need a gun arm, the Gillman/Coryell system needs a guy that has a cannon and can hit the deep pass with touch. Best WC QBs today would be Favre and McNabb, best Coryell QBs are Brady & Kurt Warner. The Colts and Panthers run a system more akin to the Gillman system, but comes from the old Steelers and Giants from 70s and 80s.

Gillman and WC system are both West Coast per se, but Gillman's system is big OL, fast WRs and a power running game, with a big play-action game that tries to hit deep passes. The WC as per Walsh requires big WRs, more movement by OL, therefore requiring smaller, quicker types. The QB doesn't need a gun arm, the Gillman/Coryell system needs a gut that has a cannon and can hit the deep pass with touch. Best WC QBs today would be Favre and McNabb, best Coryell QBs are Brady & Kurt Warner. The Colts and Panthers run a system more akin to the Gillman system, but comes from the old Steelers and Giants from 70s and 80s.

I would put Drew Brees as the best WC QB out there now. Even though they are running more of the old Oilers style spread gun offense. I appreciate having someone else to banter with about the NFL, but we should talk about it in another board.

I would disagree with Favre being a WC kind of QB. He is because that is what he had been brought up in, but his tendency is more of an old school gunslinger. He still has the strongest arm in the NFL.

Ok enough of this west coast offense is too complicated shite

First, please slow down and use proper language skills,

Second, Callahan and his 10 pound playbook are gone.

Third, please tell us, what is your man-love with Dez Bryant all about and why would you want to compare him to anyone on our team?

Fourth, if you follow the first suggestion you won't have to double post the same premise

And the West Coast system also has given us a devastatingly effective attack, one that's put up lots of yards and points, in addition to giving our D some breaks by dominating the time of possession. Our WCO has already been simplified and pared down quite a lot. We had playmakers last year at the top WR positions. I think we'll see Paul and Gilleylen break through.

Where has this offense been in all the losses to Big 12 and nationally ranked teams like OU, OSU, Missouri, USC, Va Tech? The offense seems to take leave when it really counts!

Gillman and WC system are both West Coast per se, but Gillman's system is big OL, fast WRs and a power running game, with a big play-action game that tries to hit deep passes. The WC as per Walsh requires big WRs, more movement by OL, therefore requiring smaller, quicker types. The QB doesn't need a gun arm, the Gillman/Coryell system needs a gut that has a cannon and can hit the deep pass with touch. Best WC QBs today would be Favre and McNabb, best Coryell QBs are Brady & Kurt Warner. The Colts and Panthers run a system more akin to the Gillman system, but comes from the old Steelers and Giants from 70s and 80s.

I would put Drew Brees as the best WC QB out there now. Even though they are running more of the old Oilers style spread gun offense. I appreciate having someone else to banter with about the NFL, but we should talk about it in another board.

I would disagree with Favre being a WC kind of QB. He is because that is what he had been brought up in, but his tendency is more of an old school gunslinger. He still has the strongest arm in the NFL.

All Favre coaches are WC guys starting with Holmgren. I guess you don't remember Sterling Sharpe? Brees, right here from Westlake, they do run the WC system.

Why don't they get moved to I-back or DBs. They came out with Dez Bryant and he is an All-American and these guys can't get on the field? Paul was a HS AA, like Bryant, but look at Bryant and look at Paul? This offensive scheme is to complicated for WRs to learn w/o a 2 year associates! They need to get theses kids on the field somewhere! Back in HS Round Rock from Curyenksi's district, a team that Leander beat took out Dez's Lufkin team. Something truly is a miss.

All I heard was blah blah blah...I have a man-crush on Dez Bryant.. <_<