Should Bo be pissed at his salary?

I read the Osborne take on Bo's salary, saying he can earn over $2 million a year, etc. in total $$ comp.

I'm good with that as long as we are competitive with the Big 12 elite in total $$ comp. If we are at the bottom of the pile, it seems like that would tend to wear on Bo after a while. And what happens when Notre Dame comes calling Pelini when Weiss gets canned with a $5 million a year offer?

Then Nebraska antes up another million or two, but Bo says "screw you...you should have treated me right in the first place."

Seems short sighted. Pay dude the market.

Then again, maybe he is paid market - it's hard to know for sure. His base is definitely down there at the bottom.

Thoughts?

OK here's one you guys might relate to a little better.

You're a plumber for a plumbing co., and they pay you $20 per hour to go out and unplug toilets, and you can unplug with the best of 'em. But Johnny Turdtoter is paying his guys $40 per hour, and a few of them aren't quite as good at unplugging.

But shouldn't a guy be happy making $20 an hour? Isn't that enough to unplug a toilet?

You pissed?

OK here's one you guys might relate to a little better.

You're a plumber for a plumbing co., and they pay you $20 per hour to go out and unplug toilets, and you can unplug with the best of 'em. But Johnny Turdtoter is paying his guys $40 per hour, and a few of them aren't quite as good at unplugging.

But shouldn't a guy be happy making $20 an hour? Isn't that enough to unplug a toilet?

You pissed?

But how long have you been a plumber and do you have any plumbing experience coming in? If Turdtoter is paying $40 an hour but he felt sure that when they were hired they would do a good job, that's his business.

you guys dont' get the point. I make about $200K salary myself in my work. That might seem like stupid money, but it's the market for my certain job. If I was making $100K less than the market and performing well, then yes, I would be pissed.

showoff.

i wish the pay scale was based on averages and competitive markets but the powers that be make the pay scale for their own company on how they value their workers. I see where you are coming from no doubt, but this is no way a perfect world right now. In my field I am way below the national "average" but in the market where i live in I am in the top tier. Bo's market is just fine, and plus is he not a state employee?