The 'Thank You' Thread

To Joe Ganz:

Thank you for everything you've done for this team. We would not be 9-4 if it wasn't for you. You're performance at the Gator Bowl totally summed up your career, started slow but ended up beautifully. I couldn't think of a more perfect ending.

To Marlon Lucky:

Dude, you battled. I know you probably didn't get the touches you wanted this season but you still stuck with it. I know you got buried a little on the depth chart by injuries and by Helu's great performances late in the year but you still stuck with it. I was really looking forward to you having a great last game for us, but it just wasn't meant to be, I guess. No matter what, you'll still be appreciated for having come here and playing great.

To Roy Helu:

I expected big things from you, just not quite yet. Man, you are a fighter. Hurt ribs against the Buffs and you still play. You get blown up on that screen against Clemson but you still stuck it out in there. I'm so glad you'll be in the rotation next year.

To Cody Glenn:

You're 9 games this year were truly epic. You played beastly. You played like you had been playing linebacker from the time you came here. Maybe we'll never know what you did that warranted missing the rest of the year or maybe we find out now that the season is over. I wish you had been able to finish your career in Jacksonville instead of someplace else, but I guess what's done is done. Best of luck.

To Nate Swift and Todd Peterson:

How in the world are we to replace you two? You leave perhaps the biggest holes of this senior class. Your catches were clutch and timely. Nate, you struggled through drops in 2006 but you've bounced back to finish strong. Todd, you weren't always seen as the primary target, but you got open and made things happen.

To Ndamukong Suh:

Ndamukong Suh is probably the best example of a microcosm of this entire season. From hitting that quarterback out of bounds to picking off Cody Hawkins and scoring. A total 360 from where you were in August. You've made big plays in big situations. We owe you a big thanks and please come back!

To Alex Henery:

You'll live in Husker history FOREVER. You sent an entire state into a frenzy with one kick that sent a ball flying 57 yards. Even against Clemson, even though they weren't from way out, you made the difference in the game. If I'm not mistaken, you've only missed one field goal this year. That's a huge stat.

To the Defense:

Yep, every single one of you. You dominated this bowl game. The second half was the best defense I've seen at Nebraska in at least four years. When we needed a stop, you made it. You got the Blackshirts back, not because their for the starters, you got them because you deserved them.

To Tom Osborne:

Thank you for hiring Coach Pelini. Enough said.

To Bo Pelini:

You had a big job to do. This team was a trainwreck last year. The more amazing thing is that it didn't take two years or three years or four, it took not even one full year to turn a team from 5-7, sitting at home for the holidays to 9-4 and hoisting a trophy at the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day. Coach, there's been some rough games, but there's also been some games where it truly feels great to be a Husker. Keep doing what you're doing, we're behind you.

Thank you TO for coming back and seeing that this program got turned back around.

Thanks to BO for coming back and bringing back the Nebraska traditions......especially the love for the game and playing ALL OUT ALL THE TIME.

Thanks to the seniors....you turned this program around and laid the foundation the coaching staff asked you for.

And to all the players FOR PLAYING YOUR AZZZZZ's off all season.

It was a pleasure to be a part of the RED NATION!

P.S. Thank you Alex Henry for your 57 yd BOMB and saving the momentum of this season!

Thank you Alex Henery for that last second kick to win the Colorado game. I nearly wet my pants when I saw you make that kick!

Thank you Joe Ganz for being a great leader for this team and showing people what Husker football is all about! No matter what you do, you're going to be great at it, just like how you were a quarterback for us!

Thank you Bo for turning our team around and making them into a potential conference contender! We're going to go to the Big 12 Championship next year! I can feel it!

GO BIG RED!