The 'Thank You' Thread

Trying a little bit of a different idea for a thread.

The premise is that you post your thanks to whoever you feel deserves them and why, as if you were actually talking to that person. I'm up first.

To Joe Ganz:

Thanks for the patience. Thanks for the intelligence. Thanks for the never-quit attitude. Thanks for being one of the few truly bright spots from Callahan's era here, and thanks for your love of Husker football.

To Nate Swift:

Thanks for your humbleness, and for being the right kind of player in mind and body. Thanks for the catches, all four years of your awesome career here and everything else!

To Marlon Lucky:

Thanks for coming here of course, thanks for returning for your senior season. Thank you for growing up before our eyes and trying your damn hardest to be the best back you can be.

To Ndamakong Suh:

Thanks for being a beast, but most of all thanks about being so adamant about your education.

To the senior class:

Damnit, just thank you. There's too many things to mention. Thank you for sticking through the tough times (there were a lot of them), thanks for bleeding scarlet and playing for Nebraska, thanks for the plays, thanks for choosing this school, and not choosing a set of coaches.

more to come from me..

Marlon Lucky: Thank you for going through insult and injury and not pointing fingers in the public's eye. You played a huge role for our team in the past four years, and I thank you for sticking it out to see this final win. Senior role models are needed in sports, and you deserve credit for the future of our running backs.

Thanks to all of them.

For not necessarily being the quickest, or strongest, or the most talented, or even the most fundamentally sound at times.

But for playing through all of that, for playing your absolute guts out, all the time, even when things aren't going well, and showing the most mental toughness I've seen from a Husker team since Osborne left.

A huge thank you to Bo Pelini and staff. You guys really have started the turn around here and we thank you for it. It is great to see Husker football getting back to were it belongs.

Thank you to all the players and the HEART you showed today (and all season for that matter). Clemson is a great football team and you really over came their speed to win this game.

Finally a huge thank you just for Bo and Carl. It had to be very difficult to stay focused with the death of your father. God has blessed me with the fact that my dad is still with me, my prayers are with your whole family during your loss. God Bless.

To Mr. Suh, All I want for christmas is for you to come back for your senior year.

To Mr. Ganz, You are the epitome of a leader. Everything you went through in your career, you stayed positive. No matter what happens in the future, you can rest assured that you will be an inspiration for years to come. Thank You!

To Mr. Lucky, Thank you for staying your senior year. I'm sorry things probably didnt work out as you had hoped but I hope you learned some valuable lessons in your time here. Thank You

To Mr. Swift, Thank you for keeping your nose to the grind stone. congrats on a great career & best of luck in the NFL.

To Mr. Peterson, Thank you for keeping the walk-on alive & well @ dear old NU. Great career

To Mr. Pelini, Thank you for bringing back all the traditions to NU. Especially winning! my condolences to you & your family, but today, you made your dad proud.

To all the other seniors, I know it was a long strange ride here for 4 or 5 years. I apologize for the previous regime. Hopefully, today put a nice bow on everything for all of you & you can leave with your head proudly in the air.

don't forget guys, you have to write your posts as if you are actually writing to the person you were thanking, not just writing ABOUT them.

Don't make me post a tutorial for how to do it right :)

How could I forget, thank you Bo Pelini for your infatuation with Nebraska and wanting to be here, and giving us such great feelings about the way our program is going.

Thanks to the seniors and the rest of this team. You have put the program on the path to maybe the greatness the Husker nation has been waiting for. Time will tell of course, but the pride that's always been in this program, is shinning brighter today. Thank you for a great season. Congrats to Bo and Carl, on what had to be a tough week, to get this team ready for this game.

GBR!!!