Future of the Blackshirts?

Just wondering. Going into next season, do the coaches hold out the blackshirts and make the defense work for them, or just give them out? I say they have to work for them...but then I have been one that believes that they should be given out individually too, otherwise you have a slacker going around running his mouth while wearing a women's volleyball jersey in some bar and claiming to be better than a lot of Huskers that have their name in the record books, while he hasn't proven anything yet except he can accept a scholarship and talk a good game.

IMHO, they should hand them out to the leaders of the D coming out of spring, contingent on them walking the walk - meaning they can lose them at any time. Make the rest of the D earn them though their play in practice or in games.

Saying that, I know Bo will probably give 11 of them out to the starters when he see's fit to do so, whether it is in the spring, or in the fall. One thing for certain, I think we do have our Blackshirt tradition intact...

Hagg earned his today--he saved the game for us. The blocked pass was going to a wide open clemson receiver near the endzone and his sack speaks for itself. Those were clutch plays when we needed clutch plays.

The defense played tough today--they may not have the big names of past teams but they played with the same heart and intensity as many of those teams. It makes me really excited for next year!

I think maybe, after thinking about this, that the Blackshirts that have them already keep them going into Spring, then they have to show that they deserve to keep them, which I think they will be inspired enough to do. The rest of the starters have to prove themselves in order to earn them. I kind of hope that is the approach that Bo takes. We need Blackshirts, and the tradition of the Blackshirts.