Bill Callahan

In which case, credit for Ndamukong Suh's success would go to Callahan, who recruited him, and not Bo, yes? ...

Not in the least. Cally recruited but Bo and Co. developed him. We saw how well (USC) Suh played under Cosbohl/ Callafraud.

I can't really argue with that. Then why do people (see post I was replying to) NOT credit Callahan for players who blossomed under him like Carriker, Bradley, and Moore just because he did not recruit them?

In which case, credit for Ndamukong Suh's success would go to Callahan, who recruited him, and not Bo, yes? ...

Not in the least. Cally recruited but Bo and Co. developed him. We saw how well (USC) Suh played under Cosbohl/ Callafraud.

I can't really argue with that. Then why do people (see post I was replying to) NOT credit Callahan for players who blossomed under him like Carriker, Bradley, and Moore just because he did not recruit them?

double standard. some people have so much hatred that they simply refuse to give credit where credit is due. Bradley is one of the top LBers in the NFL and callahan developed him into that player, i remember when he was not that great of a player........ ;)

double standard. some people have so much hatred that they simply refuse to give credit where credit is due. Bradley is one of the top LBers in the NFL and callahan developed him into that player, i remember when he was not that great of a player........ ;)

I have never been a Bill Callahan apologist, but the bashing has gotten rather repetitive and tired. However, I don't think you can say that he had any influence on the success that Stewart Bradley is experiencing right now.

So now that the Jet's head coaching position has been taken, does anybody know if Callahan will be staying at the Jets or moving on to Tennessee like what was speculated? I still don't think the guy is a bad OC, he's just a terrible HC.

Idk if anybody here listens to Unsportsmanlike Conduct on 1620 in Omaha, but they had Ganz on the radio a few days back and he specifically said that Callahan was more into the x's and o's then he was into getting guys fired up and ready to play. Glad to finally hear somebody admit it..

SORRY dude but this has nothing to do with hatred. HATE is a big word that I personally never use, to be taken seriously anyway. As far as Cally yeah he got some damn good talent in here No doubt about it, but he and his staff ruined a lot of good talent as well. I would never give him credit for Bradley I said at the begining of the season could you imagine Octavian, Bradley, and some of the other LB and D linemen under the current staff. It does no good getting all of this talent if you can't coach them. It was obvious that Cally couldn't do it with the players out of High school. He needs to stay in the NFL he belongs there.

So now that the Jet's head coaching position has been taken, does anybody know if Callahan will be staying at the Jets or moving on to Tennessee like what was speculated? I still don't think the guy is a bad OC, he's just a terrible HC.

Idk if anybody here listens to Unsportsmanlike Conduct on 1620 in Omaha, but they had Ganz on the radio a few days back and he specifically said that Callahan was more into the x's and o's then he was into getting guys fired up and ready to play. Glad to finally hear somebody admit it..

All the spots have been filled on the Tennessee staff. The Jets still have Callahan under contract so it is up to them whether he is allowed to pursue elsewhere. I read that Mangini and the Browns still want Callahan as their OC.

All the spots have been filled on the Tennessee staff. The Jets still have Callahan under contract so it is up to them whether he is allowed to pursue elsewhere. I read that Mangini and the Browns still want Callahan as their OC.

Ahh thanks for letting me know. I could see Callahan at the Browns with Brady Quinn working with a high profile quarterback like that, seems to fit him well. Guess we'll see though.

• 3 weeks later...

Some speculation on local radio today discussed the possibility of the Jets drafting Josh Freeman. I'd love to be a fly on that wall.

Bill Callahan: "So the last time we spoke, you sent me a text message."

Josh Freeman (frantically pushing buttons on his phone): "I told you I'd be here for you, coach."

:rollin:rollin:rollin

:clap that would be awkward :blink: Wonder what Cally's input would be for this potential draft prospect???

I don't think Bill is big on keeping in contact with former players. Don't really know and it's just a hunch. Can you think of one former player, college or pro, that has every credited him?

Yes.

God, the BC hate around here. He didn't work out. He couldn't win here. Both he and Nebraska have moved on. He is neither a terrible person, nor a terrible coach. The senseless anti-BC sentiment is just unfounded.

The hate for that guy is totally founded. He took a tradition rich and winning program and drove it in the ground. Aside from saying he is gone, there is nothing good that can be said about him that relates to NU Football. He is a terrible head coach.