My Team Is Better Than Your Team

mitchp

Frequent guest lurker here -- just got back from Jacksonville and signed up. (Awesome experience at the game and in the town, BTW.)

I thought I'd share a web site I've been working on with everyone. It uses the "transitive property" of college football to show that one team is better than another. Flawed logic, now doubt, which makes it pretty fun.

Here's a nice intra-state battle showing that Dana College is better than the Huskers. http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/...;loser=Nebraska

Anyway, please give it a try, send me any feedback you have, and let your friends know about the site.

-mitchp

For a second...seems like no matter who you put in, it works out in the end. I'd like to see a team not better than another.

You have to pick the undefeated teams as the Your Team, like Utah. There are others in the other divisions that are undefeated as well, I'm pretty sure.

Until this weekend, Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech had only beaten each other. Once Ole Miss beat Texas Tech, it was possible to connect to those three teams, plus TCU (who had only lost to OU) and Boise St. (who had only lost to TCU). There might be some other "islands" of teams out there.

Ole Miss is my Division I Transitive Property MVP for the season, beating both Florida and Texas Tech.

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo also beat San Diego St., which opened up a lot of the lower division teams to beat the FBS teams.

The inter-divisional games are my favorite to watch since I started the project. I'll be watching them a lot more closely at the beginning of the '09 season.

Go Big Red!

And Go Army!

For a second...seems like no matter who you put in, it works out in the end. I'd like to see a team not better than another.

You have to pick the undefeated teams as the Your Team, like Utah. There are others in the other divisions that are undefeated as well, I'm pretty sure.

Until this weekend, Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech had only beaten each other. Once Ole Miss beat Texas Tech, it was possible to connect to those three teams, plus TCU (who had only lost to OU) and Boise St. (who had only lost to TCU). There might be some other "islands" of teams out there.

Ole Miss is my Division I Transitive Property MVP for the season, beating both Florida and Texas Tech.

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo also beat San Diego St., which opened up a lot of the lower division teams to beat the FBS teams.

The inter-divisional games are my favorite to watch since I started the project. I'll be watching them a lot more closely at the beginning of the '09 season.

Go Big Red!And Go Army!

Ha...word! Good site and program...

Frequent guest lurker here -- just got back from Jacksonville and signed up. (Awesome experience at the game and in the town, BTW.)

I thought I'd share a web site I've been working on with everyone. It uses the "transitive property" of college football to show that one team is better than another. Flawed logic, now doubt, which makes it pretty fun.

Here's a nice intra-state battle showing that Dana College is better than the Huskers. http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/...;loser=Nebraska

Anyway, please give it a try, send me any feedback you have, and let your friends know about the site.

-mitchp

Hey Mitch..Nice site.

Here's one from a couple years ago that worked out for every team.

the thread

I think I'd picked our upcoming Bowl Opponent at the time...

http://www.cfbanalyzer.com/cgi-bin/year.cgi?year=2006

Nebraska beat

Missouri who beat

Mississippi who beat

Vanderbilt who beat

Georgia who beat

Auburn

BUT

Auburn beat

Washington St who beat

Oregon St who beat

Southern Cal who beat

Nebraska

According to that older site, It looks like the Antelopes should be playin' the Sooners in the Orange Bowl.

College Football Victory Chain Linker Version 1.0

Nebraska-Kearney beat

Mesa St who beat

Colorado Mines who beat

Fort Hays St who beat

Washburn who beat

Missouri St who beat

Youngstown St who beat

North Dakota St who beat

Southern Illinois who beat

Northern Iowa who beat

New Hampshire who beat

Army who beat

Louisiana Tech who beat

Mississippi St who beat

Vanderbilt who beat

Mississippi who beat

Florida

According to that older site, It looks like the Antelopes should be playin' the Sooners in the Orange Bowl.

College Football Victory Chain Linker Version 1.0

Nebraska-Kearney beat

Mesa St who beat

Colorado Mines who beat

Fort Hays St who beat

Washburn who beat

Missouri St who beat

Youngstown St who beat

North Dakota St who beat

Southern Illinois who beat

Northern Iowa who beat

New Hampshire who beat

Army who beat

Louisiana Tech who beat

Mississippi St who beat

Vanderbilt who beat

Mississippi who beat

Florida

Or maybe they should be playing the Gators!

Div II	NE Kearney	 beat	Mesa St	63 - 10
Div II	Mesa St	 beat	Colorado Mines	27 - 24
Div II	Colorado Mines	 beat	Fort Hays St	37 - 17
Div II	Fort Hays St	 beat	Washburn	17 - 7
Div II	Washburn	 beat	Missouri St	35 - 27
Div I - FCS	Missouri St	 beat	Youngstown St	42 - 28
Div I - FCS	Youngstown St	 beat	N Dakota St	32 - 24
Div I - FCS	N Dakota St	 beat	S Illinois	35 - 27
Div I - FCS	S Illinois	 beat	Northern Iowa	27 - 24
Div I - FCS	Northern Iowa	 beat	New Hampshire	36 - 34
Div I - FCS	New Hampshire	 beat	Army	28 - 10
Div I - FBS	Army	 beat	Louisiana Tech	14 - 7
Div I - FBS	Louisiana Tech	 beat	Mississippi St	22 - 14
Div I - FBS	Mississippi St	 beat	Vanderbilt	17 - 14
Div I - FBS	Vanderbilt	 beat	Mississippi	23 - 17
Div I - FBS	Mississippi	 beat	Texas Tech	47 - 34
Div I - FBS	Texas Tech	 beat	Texas	39 - 33
Div I - FBS	Texas	 beat	Oklahoma	45 - 35

Therefore, NE Kearney is better than Oklahoma
as shown in 18 rounds by a combined score of 586 - 386. 

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/...;loser=Oklahoma

The Victory Chain Analyzer site is great. They do a really good job of explaining the logic for those of us (like me) who are geeky enough to care. :)