Texas Tech: W 38-28

Iowa State: W 70-3

@ Baylor: W 42-35

Oklahoma: L 17-24

@ Kansas: W 28-24

Kansas State: W 63-10

@ Colorado: W 35-24

Big XII Champ. Texas/OU: L 21-49

Decent Bowl bid will result from an 11-2 record. This is all if no major players are injured.

You can tell me I'm drinking Kool-Aid if you want, but I see a talent gap between us and the rest of the conference except OU/UT. We have something we have been missing, speed!

There is speed all over the field now, and you can go a long way with a stud DT like Suh. KU, BU, CU are the only ones I see as not a sure thing besides the two losses. I really like Pelini's chances against a very similar team as last year in VT. I don't think that game will ever be in doubt, honestly. He has the speed to use different pressure schemes than last year. We were very risky when we brought pressure last year because of a lack of speed in the back 7, not so this year. We will improve in the secondary, watch PJ Smith. He will be a starter by the middle of the season.

Just my $.02.

"@ Va. Tech: W 28-14"

Not saying that you can't beat us - I think most of us in Blacksburg recognize the improvements under Bo and those of us that follow our team closely know that anything can happen when two good teams meet. BUT, it does not happen too often that we lose by two TDs at Lane Stadium. It is a loud place for visitors and I really don't think we will get outplayed too badly by most visitors. I just can't wait for that game.

Is everyone in Blacksburg as nice as you? I might have to try to get tickets if so.

Short of the VaTech game, I'm really looking forward to the Mizzou game. As far as Mizzou fans/online banter goes I have not had good experiences, with a major exception being Fro Daddy because he is awesome. I'm sure the other smart ones are out there somewhere, I just am having trouble finding them. :bang

Anyways, I want the Bell back here in Lincoln and want a nice competitive game. All homerism aside, I think Nebraska has more experience/depth at key positions this year. MU vs. NU are pretty even at the quarterback, MU probably has an advantage a WR since all they do is throw the ball, but I think Nebraska is a little more experienced at most other key positions. If MU wins, I'll be truly shocked, but not totally. Columbia is a tough place to play, especially for us.

I have faith though. Callahan and Co. were something like 0-22 in games that they were down at the half in. Pelini is 2-2.

Florida Atlantic: W 31-17

Arkansas St: W 56-0

@ Va. Tech: W 28-14

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 45-14

@ Missouri: W 35-21

Texas Tech: W 38-28

Iowa State: W 70-3

@ Baylor: W 42-35

Oklahoma: L 17-24

@ Kansas: W 28-24

Kansas State: W 63-10

Big XII Champ. Texas/OU: L 21-49

Decent Bowl bid will result from an 11-2 record. This is all if no major players are injured.

You can tell me I'm drinking Kool-Aid if you want, but I see a talent gap between us and the rest of the conference except OU/UT. We have something we have been missing, speed!

There is speed all over the field now, and you can go a long way with a stud DT like Suh. KU, BU, CU are the only ones I see as not a sure thing besides the two losses. I really like Pelini's chances against a very similar team as last year in VT. I don't think that game will ever be in doubt, honestly. He has the speed to use different pressure schemes than last year. We were very risky when we brought pressure last year because of a lack of speed in the back 7, not so this year. We will improve in the secondary, watch PJ Smith. He will be a starter by the middle of the season.

Just my $.02.

"@ Va. Tech: W 28-14"

Not saying that you can't beat us - I think most of us in Blacksburg recognize the improvements under Bo and those of us that follow our team closely know that anything can happen when two good teams meet. BUT, it does not happen too often that we lose by two TDs at Lane Stadium. It is a loud place for visitors and I really don't think we will get outplayed too badly by most visitors. I just can't wait for that game.

I agree. I think the game will be within one touchdown. I also think that it will be much more of a defensive game then last years game.

Florida Atlantic: W 45-24 - Plenty of speed for FAU, they'll get behind our DB's a few times

Arkansas St: W 41-7 - Defense plays a tougher game, and offense continues to roll

@ Va. Tech: L 20-28 - Va Tech, like us, will be MUCH better in 09. Our offense just isn't there yet.

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 38-17 - One more warmup before we strap it up for BigXII play.

@ Missouri: W 31-24 - Tough to win at Folsom in recent years: Blaine Gabbert, meet Ndamukong Suh.

Texas Tech: W 41-35 - Tech lacks playmakers now that Crabtree left, should've beaten them last year.

Iowa State: W 45-7 - Paul Rhodes is going to have a very long season.

@ Baylor: W 31-27 - Robert Griffin scares the hell out of me. If he was healthy, Baylor beats us last year.

Oklahoma: L 35-49 - Bradford, Murray, Gresham. Too much of a talent gap between us and OU.

@ Kansas: W 45-42 - This will be similar to the TTech game last year. Shootout, but our D wins it in the 4th.

Kansas State: W 41-0 - Bill Snyder's has a long way to go before the PussyCats are respectable.

@ Colorado: W 41-38 - Always a tough game for the Big Red to win in Boulder. They always play us tough.

BigXII Championship Game Vs OU/UT: L 24-41 - Simply put, we just aren't there yet.

AT&T Cotton Bowl Vs LSU: L 27-31 - You think Bo wants to win this game? We aren't there yet.

10-4 Big 12 North Champs...a step in the right direction for the Huskers. We should be more than happy to have this type of season.

Oh and I almost forgot...I said at this time last year, that the 08 huskers would go 8-4 with losses to Va tech, Missouri, Texas Tech, and OU, and would go on to win the Alamo Bowl. Granted, my bowl game prediction was a bit off, but you get the point.

Good Lord
Now THERE are two words that I never thought I would see together in a Husker football discussion.... :lol:

My helmet caught 10 on you guys in 1983...and my son drew a mustache on Todd Frain's picture at Fuddruckers in Omaha last weekend. Fortunately it was on the plexiglass in front of the newspaper or I would have been spending this week combing the OWH archieves looking for another copy.... <_<

Has nothing to do with your fantasy football predictions...just thought I would share.

My helmet caught 10 on you guys in 1983...

:wtf

:yeah

Jason Jacobs got stuck wearing one of the stupid "Criner Award Helmets" against the Huskers that year. The award helmets were yellow and the rest of us losers wore the regular crimson ones. It was Criner's version of decals on the helmet for good games or hard work....but really, it was a target that said "Hey...I'm the least horrible guy on the team. Kick my ass!" Anyway...Jacobs got the crap kicked out of him for a half before he decided that an award helmet sucked so we switched out helmets. He had a good 2nd half (I think he went over 100 yards receiving in that game...even though we got our asses handed to us...again) and I got to have my picture taken while standing on the sidelines wearing my "Award Helmet"...My helmet gained more yardage in one game than I gained in four years.... <_<

I don't understand why people think we are going to lose to VT. yes they are well coached but had it not been for us they wouldn't have won NU lost that game and with a overall better team we won't lose again. i'll say 11-1 then losing the big 12 (not if we play ou they won't beat us twice in the same season) and depending on the bowl match-up we will see.

Florida Atlantic: W 42-28

Arkansas St: W 49-10

@ Va. Tech: L 21-24 Dam Beemer ball

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 45-24

@ Missouri: W 38-35

Texas Tech: L 31-38 LeKevin smith, revisited

Iowa State: W 56-13

@ Baylor: W 34-21

Oklahoma: L 35-42 Shootout? Hmmmm

@ Kansas: W 49-45 Track meet

Kansas State: W 63-0 Just don't like these guys

Big XII Champ. Texas: L 21-49

9-4, win the Alamo vs Wisconsin. 10-4 with a great jump on 2010, which i really do think could be very special.

just for grins, the Offensive average would be 39.9 points per game, and Defense would give up 27.2. Might not be too bad.

Florida Atlantic - W

Arkansas St - W

@ Va. Tech - W/L (toss up in the air, i would not be surprised if we pull out a close win and prove that we are starting out 2009 with a serious Husker attitude to make it to the top)

Louisiana-Lafayette - W

@ Missouri - W (Its payback time Missouri, i hope you bring lube, your gonna get the shaft for the first time since 2001)

Texas Tech - W/L (We nearly beat them last year, i have a feeling that we can beat them this year knowing that we almost did it the year before. Though i do see a close game and anything can happen)

Iowa State - W

@ Baylor - W/L (Just like last year it was a close one, and we have fresh new players on the line and at backs, i hope they can contain griffin, if not, lets pray our offense can out score them)

Oklahoma: L {Oklahoma is just too good for us right now, but that doesn't mean i don't believe in miracles, like injuries :P)

@ Kansas - W (Kansas proved awhile back that they can be a competitive team just like that, it was a close game last year, and it will be another one this year)

Kansas State - W (Bo Pelini hasn't forgotten)

@ Colorado - W (Last year was a good game that started out with mental mistakes, lets hope we learned our lesson this year so its not as close)

Reg season record 10-2 North Conference Champs, Loss to Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship.

Games of interest...

Va Tech - We need to start out the season with a big win if we want a shot at the Big 12 Championship

Missouri - Everybody loves it when the Huskers give an ass-woopin' especially after 2 devastating losses to Missouri.

Texas Tech - Went into overtime last year, and this year its gonna happen again.

Baylor - It will be a sight to see how the husker defense handles them after last year.

Oklahoma - It should be a better game than the first half of last year's game.

Picking a winner of tougher games is hard, especially right now, but things should come more into focus later on.

I don't understand why people think we are going to lose to VT.

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would think VT could beat us. I mean, a team with a returning starter at QB (who is 13-2 in his career) coming off a season where they won the ACC championship game and a BCS bowl game by a combined 31 points. Not to mention the fact that they're 30-4 at Lane in the past five years and we're bringing in a first-year starter at QB with almost no game experience. Oh, and they beat us last year in Lincoln.

Let's be honest, FAU has a better shot at beating us.

:sarcasm

I will try something different and group the schedule into difficulty level rather than just go in schedule order.

Group 1 - Extremely Easy:

Florida Atlantic - W

Arkansas St. - W

Louisiana-Lafayette - W

These will be wins. I hate to make such a bold statement, but, I'm going to anyway. Expect a few hickups in the first game while the offense/defense tie up some loose ends.

Group 2 - Easy:

Iowa State - W

Kansas State - W

These games will be wins too, as both teams have new coaches and I just don't seem them being competitive for a few more years (assuming they ever become competitive).

Group 3 - Medium:

@ Missouri - W

Texas Tech - W

@ Baylor - W

@ Colorado - W

All of the above games are of medium difficulty for different reasons. Three out of the four are away, which automatically makes things more difficult.

I feel Nebraska will beat Missouri. Missouri loses three key players on offense, who will be very hard to replace. Their defense wasn't good at all last year, and I expect some improvement, but not much. I also think the Mizzou offensive line will have all kinds of difficulties with the Dline. I don't think standing 6-8 (or whatever) yards back is going to help....

I still don't think Tech will be able to stop the run, and lucky for Nebraska that should be one of their strong points. The Tech offense should be decent, but losing Crabtree is HUGE.

Baylor will be tough. They have a great running QB, which historically gives Bo problems. However, I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with how NU handles Mr. Griffin...

Colorado always plays us tough; especially when on their home turf. This isn't a gimme game either, although Colorado is going to need to get some wide receivers and a QB if they want to hang with ANYONE in the Big 12. And no, Cody Hawkins does not count as a QB.

Group 4 - Hard

@ Kansas - W

As much as it annoys me, Kansas will be a very hard team to beat at Lawrence (unless you're from the South). They return Reesing - who reminds me of Ganz...or Ganz reminds me of Reesing - who obviously puts Kansas at a huge advantage in the North. Briscoe is...well, he's ridiculous. Speaking of which, any new updates on him? Last I heard he was suspended.

I see Kansas really committing to the run this year. Mangino is no idiot, and I think he knows the importance of the run-game (see 2008 NU vs. KU game). Crawford's role is in question due to the suspension, and many question whether or not he will be back with the team at all.

Sharp will contribute and I think Lewis also will, but I still don't see the running game taking off. It will be better than last year though. The offense will be okay though.

I think the biggest questions are on D. The D was in the lower half in all major defensive categories during league play, and they lose three starting linebackers. Stuckey returns, which should help the secondary, but the Dline is going to need to get pressure on the QB and stop the run if this defense is to do anything in 2009.

This game will be close. I think the game will be won by the team that plays better D and takes care of the ball better. I will put a "W" down for Nebraska.

Group 5 - Extremely Hard

@ Va. Tech - L

Oklahoma - L

First away game for a starting QB and it's in Blacksburg? This will be Nebraska's first challenge of the year and it is a HUGE challenge. Virginia Tech will be good. Alabama will go down. I don't see Nebraska winning this game, but I didn't see VT winning against Nebraska last year, so anything can happen. However, I think I will put this down as a loss.

We get Oklahoma at home, but it's not going to help. While I don't think this Oklahoma team will be as good as last year's team, they will still be better than all of the North teams by a pretty big margin. Oklahoma wins.

So, according to me as of April 23rd, Nebraska will go 10-2. However, I will most likely change my mind in the fall before the season starts.

No matter what, I predict NU to take the North (even if KU does beat us, they have a tougher schedule than we do) and Texas to take the South (watch out for Oklahoma State though...that's right, I said Oklahoma STATE).