Can Huskers run the Florida Spread Option Offense?

rkhufu7

I concur with a lot of other posters, and the spread cna morph a little based on the QB's talents, the idea reamins the same. You do not want to be Auburn, switching, running off top recruits that did not fit it, then bailing because you do not have the patience to see it through, getting all fired in the end. What a joke.

Anyway, it is a big change and could come with losses, but heck yeah, anyone can. Not sure NU's starter in wainting is a good fit, though.

if you notice, the Meyer offense uses a lot of veer and such for running plays. there thought is simple. get the ball in your playmaker's hands early and often.

there is a GREAT explanation of the offense on this site...

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2008/12/...er-offense.html

also, overall, the author makes a GREAT point about offense. you can call a lot of offense SPREAD, but that's the end of the similarity. the richrod version loves to use certain running plays, florida uses a lot of veer/wing t looks, texas tech is still running the airraid, oklahoma uses a lot of base/pro looks with some of the airraid (kansas too) along with a quick rythem at the line sometimes, tulsa (and now auburn) with gus malzhan, uses some of the run/shoot with a quick rythem for their offense...

my point it, the term of spread is just pretty damn generic anymore. what you do after you spread it out and such DEFINES your offense.

The people that don’t like Tebow because he is good and because the media love him are lame in my eyes. Like I said if he was the QB at NU you all would be chubbing at all the attention he was getting.

As far as the personal foul penalty goes, give me a break if you have a problem with that. He was talking smack to a guy that had been talking all game. Anyone remember Tommie, LP, or Ahman high stepping on their way to the end zone? Is it classless when a Blackshirt throws up the bones? (same as doing the Gator thing)

If Joey “everyone’s man crush” Ganz was out there fist pumping, trying to get the crowd into, talking trash the people on here would be saying how much fire and passion he has and would love on him for doing it.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form saying that the media doesn’t over do it with Tebow, however this is nothing new with sports and when he graduates next year and moves on they will pick someone else to love on. I will also bet that people will complain about that person too.

As far as the Florida offense goes, there is a little statement in Shatel’s article today that says Pelini said if he changed to a spread attack Florida’s would be the one he would use.

Well after reading a few of your post's I think your kind of lame. I personally think that if you go to another country to do charity work with food ( that somebody else paid for) getting flown out there on somebody else's dime and have a camera crew there to document it, you are the poster boy for self-agrandisement. It was nothing but an over-blown P.R. opportunity. Where's the humility?

So does this mean the missionaries that go to other countries on their churches dime, or people that pass out food at a food pantry (other people paid for it) or how about the Husker Players when they go to local hospitals to visit kids with a camera crew, or when Shaq spends tons of his money on toys and food then passes them out yet has a camera crew there are only in it for the P.R.? Didn't Tebow's parent get rid of everything they owned to go do the work they do?

Just so my lameness doesn't overtake you and cause you to join the side that thinks Tebow is a good player and doesn't hold it against him because the media loves him I will fall in line with the 'cool" thing and just bash him to bash him.

Your lameness will never overtake me :lol: I never said that Tebow was not a good college quarterback. In fact I think he is a very good QB and is the motor that makes the florida offense run. Don't know if his parents sold everything or not, that's not the point. When you are in the running for a major award and you show yourself doing charity in a self-serving sort of way and you just happen to give the video to ESPN to show at advantageous times, seems like self-agrandisement to me.I don't believe that people at the soup line passing out food are there for any awards. When our players go to the hospitals it's for the kids and of course P.R for the COLLEGE not for any ONE player. The only time I personally have seen Tebow pumping his fists or mugging for the camera is when HE has a good play individually. Admit it the guy's a ham. His faith is very admirable and a very good example for americas kids.

Well my run on paragraph is over. Part of being a good christian is having humility in your good works. Not doing it for personal gain.......Rant over