It's Official

Suh to Return to Nebraska for Senior Season

Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh announced Monday that he will return for his senior season with the Cornhuskers in 2009. The 6-4, 300-pound Suh led Nebraska in tackles, tackles for loss, sacks and interceptions in 2008, and was a first-team All-Big 12 selection.

"I have made the decision to return to school to complete my degree and play for Nebraska in 2009," Suh said. "After discussing the issue with my family and my coaches, I know that coming back to Nebraska is the right thing for me. First, you can't put a price on graduating from college and I will leave here with my degree. Second, I have learned so much in the past year from Coach Pelini and his staff and I look forward to another year of development at Nebraska.

"I do have aspirations of playing in the National Football League, but the best way for me to enhance my chances of having a successful pro career is to spend another season at the collegiate level. I look forward to helping Nebraska continue to take steps toward returning to the elite of college football in 2009."

Suh was the first Nebraska defensive lineman to lead the team in tackles since 1973 and his 76 total tackles were the most by a lineman since 1992. He added 19 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks, and scored touchdowns on interceptions against San Jose State and Colorado. Suh's return gives the Nebraska defense seven returning starters for the 2009 campaign. Nebraska finished 2008 ranked second in the Big 12 in total defense at 349.8 yards per game.

That's awesome. Hope Spiller does the same. I know Spiller wouldn't wanna see any more of Suh, along the rest of the Tiger team.

Spiller/Clemson's O-line performance in the bowl game may have messed up his draft stock for this year. Last impression for Juniors, etc. That and add in all the early enrollees this year that seem to be flocking to the NFL draft in droves probably didn't help him.

Seems like a ton have declared early this year in fear of the proposed NFL salary cap deal. That or we're seeing college football literally morph in front of our eyes fast- see B. Wells from Ohio State and his gutsy performance in their bowl game vs. Texas. He was hurt and he was hurt bad in that game :sarcasm, don't think he barely played in the second half. Actually once the game was over, pretty sure I saw on the ESPN ticker he had already declared early. (I wouldn't touch that RB with a First Round pick anyways, has bust written all over him.)