Dream Formation (2008)

• 4 months later...

This would definitely be a deadly package, ton of speed and it really makes up for our lack of homerun hitters at WR (not saying we don't have good WR's) and it utilizes our playmakeing rb's. Then we can throw in someone like McNeil at TE and switch out Paul, Holt, Bell, and Mendoza at WR. well at least it looks and sounds good on paper :dunno

Here's my "dream" formation, I'll call it Shotgun, Quads Right:

.....................................TE...LT...LG...OC...RG...RT......................................................WR

........................................................................................WR.......WR.......WR

..........................................................QB

Now keep in mind it could be Quads Left and/or you could line the WR's up in any way you choose.

I wonder why this formation has never been used before?

Because Jen, we didn't have Woody Danzler to run the QB sweep to either side of the formation. Man I never lost a game on the PlayStation on NCAA football with that formation and Danzler running the keeper.

Utilize our stock of TE's in this formation and let Roy or even better, Burkhead take the direct snap. Now there is a brilliant idea. Rex taking the snap, with Roy motioning in and out of the backfield from the slot. Talk about your Wildcat offense.

Because Jen, we didn't have Woody Danzler to run the QB sweep to either side of the formation. Man I never lost a game on the PlayStation on NCAA football with that formation and Danzler running the keeper.

Utilize our stock of TE's in this formation and let Roy or even better, Burkhead take the direct snap. Now there is a brilliant idea. Rex taking the snap, with Roy motioning in and out of the backfield from the slot. Talk about your Wildcat offense.

Why not just have Lee or Green taking the snaps and have both RB's in the back field? I'm seriously considering this when NCAA 2010 comes out in July

I'm still suprised we didn't throw out a package like this against Missiouri (when we played them) or Oklahoma, in attempt to match their speed.

No offense but there wasnt an offensive set we could have used to match OUs speed...wasnt happening.That said it doesnt mean we couldnt have been effective against them.We couldnt match Clemsons speed either but we found a way to get the job done.Personally I think UF showed how to beat OU.Of course you need talent to do it.Spread em out with speed all over the field and then run at them using misdirection/option/power.

I think BP knows that and although some say it wont happen I still see us moving toward a UF style offense in the future.We must get some speed outside though in order to be truly effective in that style offense.

.....................................TE...LT...LG...OC...RG...RT......................................................WR

........................................................................................WR.......WR.......WR

Now keep in mind it could be Quads Left and/or you could line the WR's up in any way you choose.

Doesn't Missouri use this?

I don't know. The only time I care about what Missery is doing is when they're playing Nebraska.

:box

We couldnt match Clemsons speed either...

Okay, what Gator Bowl did you watch? :laughpound

This is the not unheard of, it's called the "bunch" formation. It goes back quite a ways, to at least the run & shoot days. Everyone from the Houston Oilers to Tex Tech have run some form of it. Here is an example of LSU running something similiar, but with a weak side WR rather than the TE.

FRI_8V4G5g4

A good change of pace formation, but not something you build a power team around. Especially with NU's abundance (at least perceived) of returning TEs.

I don't know. The only time I care about what Missery is doing is when they're playing Nebraska.

:box

We couldnt match Clemsons speed either...

Okay, what Gator Bowl did you watch? :laughpound

I really did think Clemson was a lot faster than the Huskers. I just thought Clemson's QB was awful, their execution was bad and they could not move the ball in a consistent manner. You all deserved your win, but Clemson was the much faster team.

This is the not unheard of, it's called the "bunch" formation. It goes back quite a ways, to at least the run & shoot days. Everyone from the Houston Oilers to Tex Tech have run some form of it. Here is an example of LSU running something similiar, but with a weak side WR rather than the TE.

FRI_8V4G5g4

A good change of pace formation, but not something you build a power team around. Especially with NU's abundance (at least perceived) of returning TEs.

We run this, it is fine, but it is not that hard to stop. Most teams (Mizzou comes to mind) just shoot someone through to take the guy who stays back and blow you up....

that wasn't what she was talking about

Actually what was shown in the video was precisely the concept I was getting at. I just didn't take the time to thoroughly explain or annote all the variations of alignment and/or personnel that could be used.

But with a TEs like what the Huskers have in Drue Young or Mike McNeil they could be that 5th WR/TE, in tight-or split out in that type of formation.

And here I thought I had actually thought up something new and unique. :dumdum

I must have saw that formation in that game and over the passage of time forgot about it only to have it reappear in my mind as an "original."

Thanks huzkerbob for popping my bubble... :nutz

:lol: