Great Husker Football Victories

Definitely the CU game from this year... I soiled myself high-fiving my Dad after the greatest field goal in Husker history....

Also, the 1997 Big 12 Championship vs. Texas A&M.... Any game where your quarterback de-cleats more people than your linebackers needs to be on a highlight reel...

NU vs. Texas A&M in 2006. We were down 27-21 with only a couple minutes left to go in the fourth quarter, and Zac Taylor pulled off an amazing drive capped by an unreal Maurice Purify touchdown grab. If we hadn't won that game, we might have finished the season 8-6 and made it to some lesser bowl (where we still might have lost). I know we all probably want to void out any Callahan era game, but you have to admit that was one of the better games Nebraska played in under Callahan and they actually had a comeback victory, something the Huskers from 2004-2008 were not good at accomplishing.

NU vs. Texas A&M in 2006. We were down 27-21 with only a couple minutes left to go in the fourth quarter, and Zac Taylor pulled off an amazing drive capped by an unreal Maurice Purify touchdown grab. If we hadn't won that game, we might have finished the season 8-6 and made it to some lesser bowl (where we still might have lost). I know we all probably want to void out any Callahan era game, but you have to admit that was one of the better games Nebraska played in under Callahan and they actually had a comeback victory, something the Huskers from 2004-2008 were not good at accomplishing.

For recent history '08 Colorado and '06 Texas A&M for sure...

Many of the games mentioned are currently "in circulation".

I'd be interested in some 'lost treasures':

1966 Nebraska vs Colorado...Nebraska rallies from 7-19 hole to win 21-19.

1969 Nebraska vs Kansas...controversial calls help Nebraska win 21-17 and start their 32-game unbeaten streak.

1972 Nebraska vs Colorado, on ABC, the nationally televised game that thrust Johnny Rodgers into the Heisman lead.

1973 Nebraska vs UCLA, on ABC, Tom Osborne's 1st win

1974 Nebraska vs Texas, on CBS, Tom Osborne's 1st bowl win.

1975 Nebraska vs Missouri, on ABC, the 'bummerooski' and Tom Osborne's 1st win over Mizzou

There's silent film of most of these games available (except '72 Colorado).

I've love to discover the network telecasts of some of these games.

Or, a combination of the radio & film that can be assembled into a "broadcast".

Whoever said 79 OU probably meant 78 OU.

82 OU was another fantastic game, included the Bouncearooski from Fryar to Krenk, and a late interception by Strasberger to seal the win.

The 3rd quarter of the 83 CU game would show the Scoring Explosion at it's peak. 48 points in 12 minutes, all offensive. Of course the defense contributed, but I'm just saying it wasn't inflated with turnover TDs or punt return TDs. Would be nice if you only had room for a partial game.

The 84 Orange Bowl was a true classic, even if we lost.