Enough is enough

bbhusker

I went into a local hardware store yesterday and always end up talking football with a guy that works there, an OU fan. He started off by saying that he just confirmed his tickets to the NU-OU game next season. He said, "Probably won't be a good game but o well." I said, "What?" Then he went on to say that our D sucked but was getting better but OU has "this" many starters returning on O and that we lost basically all our playmakers on O so it probably won't be a good game. I mentioned our running backs returning and he said they shut us down last year except for one long run.

I said it takes more than one long run for Helu to rush for 150+ and told him not to guarentee anything until we see the teams at least play next season. He went off on some rant about how we don't have any WRs and are breaking in a new QB. I just said that OU had better strap it up when they came to Lincoln and then I left.

I'm so sick and tired of all the disrepect. Not that other fans don't have a reason not to believe in our team but next season can't get here soon enough. Along with other Husker fans, I can see what's happening in Lincoln and personally can't wait to start landing some haymakers of our own and get back into the mix of college football's heavyweights.

This just bothered me and I needed to vent a little. What do you all think?

He is kinda right, to an extent. We have a lot of question marks to replace a team that got killed in Norman.

Agreed. I'm not sure why you're getting too upset about his comments...We got absolutely smoked by them and put up points when the game was already well out of reach. We haven't earned OU's respect by any means. In the games that were probably recently noticed by an OU fan, we basically lucked out and beat a bad Colorado team and barely beat a disappointing Clemson team in our bowl game. I can't blame the guy at all....I'm not saying we don't have the potential to give them a run for their money with the home field advantage, but there are a lot of questions to be answered and a lot of people are going to need to step up.

THey lose a lot of D plus most of their O line which was beastly last year. I bet Bradford struggles a lot more averall this year compared to last year but he will still be good. I see the game being a lot more competitive than last year. It also helps to have barry turner and suh back

THey lose a lot of D plus most of their O line which was beastly last year. I bet Bradford struggles a lot more averall this year compared to last year but he will still be good. I see the game being a lot more competitive than last year. It also helps to have barry turner and suh back

OU does lose about 4 of 5 starters on the o-line and pretty much the 2 best recievers on their team, but they don't lose a lot on D. they return about 9 of 11 of their starters, but lose safeties Lendy Holmes and Nic Harris. The rest of the D should be solid. I like our chances better this year being in Lincoln, but they still will be a beast with Bradford and Co. returning.

I guess my main complaint is that this is coming from an OU fan. I really enjoy the mutual respect from both fan bases and having gone through the same situation not that long ago I just figured he might not dog on NU so much. I know that every fan base has its share of bad apples but this guy absolutely has to be right on everything when it comes to sports. I did win a bet with him last season when KU lost to USF, and I enjoyed every minute of it, but it's like since OU is on top in the Big XII he thinks he has say over anyone else. I just can't wait to start shutting up the critics and retake our place among the nations elite.

I believe whole heartedly that NU will give OU all it can handle in Lincoln next season and wouldn't be totally surprised to see a win. Don't get me wrong, OU is where we want to be right now and they are deserving. But, to me a true OU fan would see what's going on here and be a little more cautious than to just chalk up another victory especially after losing yet another bowl game.

I guess my main complaint is that this is coming from an OU fan. I really enjoy the mutual respect from both fan bases and having gone through the same situation not that long ago I just figured he might not dog on NU so much. I know that every fan base has its share of bad apples but this guy absolutely has to be right on everything when it comes to sports. I did win a bet with him last season when KU lost to USF, and I enjoyed every minute of it, but it's like since OU is on top in the Big XII he thinks he has say over anyone else. I just can't wait to start shutting up the critics and retake our place among the nations elite.

I believe whole heartedly that NU will give OU all it can handle in Lincoln next season and wouldn't be totally surprised to see a win. Don't get me wrong, OU is where we want to be right now and they are deserving. But, to me a true OU fan would see what's going on here and be a little more cautious than to just chalk up another victory especially after losing yet another bowl game.

I don't like anything about OU. and,I have very little respect for them. From everything I hear, Bob Stoops is running a dirty program down there, and just has not been caught yet. Yes, we had a nice rivalry a long time ago, but those days are long gone. Their fans are nice to us right now, because we are no threat to them, but just wait till we start beating them, and they will hate us just as much as they hate Texas. At least Mac Brown is a likable guy, Bob Stoops is a Steve Spurrier clone, who makes my stomach turn.

Oh, and all you have to do to shut him up is say, I know we suck and all, but what has happened to " Big Game Bob" ? You guys are the new Ohio State, and you make the Big 12 look bad.

I think OU has good odds to beat you, but I thought Tech did and you almost won that one... I think you will lose, but you gave up 79 to the Hawks last year in Lawrence, this year you beat us. SO we will see how OU does, I think your new QB playing well by that game is the key to if you have any chance...

I went into a local hardware store yesterday and always end up talking football with a guy that works there, an OU fan. He started off by saying that he just confirmed his tickets to the NU-OU game next season. He said, "Probably won't be a good game but o well." I said, "What?" Then he went on to say that our D sucked but was getting better but OU has "this" many starters returning on O and that we lost basically all our playmakers on O so it probably won't be a good game. I mentioned our running backs returning and he said they shut us down last year except for one long run.

I said it takes more than one long run for Helu to rush for 150+ and told him not to guarentee anything until we see the teams at least play next season. He went off on some rant about how we don't have any WRs and are breaking in a new QB. I just said that OU had better strap it up when they came to Lincoln and then I left.

I'm so sick and tired of all the disrepect. Not that other fans don't have a reason not to believe in our team but next season can't get here soon enough. Along with other Husker fans, I can see what's happening in Lincoln and personally can't wait to start landing some haymakers of our own and get back into the mix of college football's heavyweights.

This just bothered me and I needed to vent a little. What do you all think?

You could always ask him "When's the last time the Sooners won a bowl game"?