NCAA Tourney Hopes??

Right now Nebraska is on the edge of the bubble (if that it possible) but they are still a bubble team. It can only help Nebraska's chances if they win against both Mizzou and Baylor. If that happens then they can afford to lose against Kansas and still have a shot of getting in to the big dance. The important part will be doing well in the big 12 tourny. If Nebraska only loses one more regular season game, wins 2 in the big 12 tournament, I say that they are in even after losing to Oregon State and UMBC.

i would agree with that statement. Barring any big upsets in conference tourneys to teams that are in.

They need to obviously win as many as possible. But even more important is to win against the better teams and aviod another bad loss.

Right now the NU RPI is #67. NO team has EVER made the tourney with a RPI rating of worse than #63. It may not seem like much to climb, but out of the remaining games there is not much room for error.

Current RPI #'s

MU-17

CU-209

KU-18

aTm- 47 and falling

KSU-72

ISU-138

BU- 55 and in a free fall

Now these change near daily. IF KSU beats KU thiers will jump, KU's will fall. So on and So on. NU can NOT take a loss to ISU or CU. And with their SOS and RPI, they MUST beat either MU or KU down the stretch plus win probably 2 games in the BIG 12 Tourney to get in.

They need to obviously win as many as possible. But even more important is to win against the better teams and aviod another bad loss.

Right now the NU RPI is #67. NO team has EVER made the tourney with a RPI rating of worse than #63. It may not seem like much to climb, but out of the remaining games there is not much room for error.

Current RPI #'s

MU-17

CU-209

KU-18

aTm- 47 and falling

KSU-72

ISU-138

BU- 55 and in a free fall

Now these change near daily. IF KSU beats KU thiers will jump, KU's will fall. So on and So on. NU can NOT take a loss to ISU or CU. And with their SOS and RPI, they MUST beat either MU or KU down the stretch plus win probably 2 games in the BIG 12 Tourney to get in.

theres always a first time, and I am not guarenteeing it by no means, but this would be a good year for it to happen, for NU or another team

Right now the NU RPI is #67. NO team has EVER made the tourney with a RPI rating of worse than #63.

There are 65 teams in the tourney, so clearly this is a misstatement.

Do you mean no at-large team has made it with an RPI > 63? Or no Big 12 team? Or something else???

Not trying to be picky about your statement, I really am curious about it.

Right now the NU RPI is #67. NO team has EVER made the tourney with a RPI rating of worse than #63.

Do you mean no at-large team has made it with an RPI > 63? Or no Big 12 team? Or something else???

There is no way that statement cane be true.

There is no way that statement cane be true.

It could be. You have to count the teams that are automaticly in if they win their conference. That counts for a good 15 spots alone. VT didnt get in last year and their RPI was very high so I don't doubt the comment