All Time Center

All Time Center  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just like the Guards this group was narrowed down to Consensus All Americans and Award Winners because if you just listed all the good ones the list would go on forever. I figured that if a guy made every All American team for a certain year that trumps anything else. I also included Novak because his number is retired plus he was an All American but according to www.huskers.com not a consensus one. Same rules if you don’t see you guy check other and enter him in.

Where is Aaron Graham? Aaron Taylor was only a center for what 3 games? He's the one that snapped the ball by Frost's head in the Arizona State as Frost was checking off causing a safety. I think that was his last duty as center as he was moved back to his natural position of guard.

The only Husker to earn All-America honors at two different positions

The seventh Husker to win the Outland, Taylor earned All-America honors at center in 1996 before moving to left guard in 1997. His No. 67 was retired in 1998.

from www.huskers.com

Aaron Taylor was a Consensus All American as well as an Outland Trophy Semifinalist in 1996 as a Center. Aaron Graham was an All American but he was not a Consensus one so that is why he is not on here and Taylor is.

Where is Aaron Graham? Aaron Taylor was only a center for what 3 games? He's the one that snapped the ball by Frost's head in the Arizona State as Frost was checking off causing a safety. I think that was his last duty as center as he was moved back to his natural position of guard.

The only Husker to earn All-America honors at two different positions

The seventh Husker to win the Outland, Taylor earned All-America honors at center in 1996 before moving to left guard in 1997. His No. 67 was retired in 1998.

from www.huskers.com

Aaron Taylor was a Consensus All American as well as an Outland Trophy Semifinalist in 1996 as a Center. Aaron Graham was an All American but he was not a Consensus one so that is why he is not on here and Taylor is.

The only time I ever remember Taylor playing center was in the first 3 games during the 1996 season. Do to struggles with the position, Taylor was then moved back to his natural position of guard after the Arizona State game. Josh Heskew was then brought in as the starting center. I read an article from October 27 in 1996 that was talking about Taylor switching back and forth from center to guard. Heskew was being brought in because Taylor's snapping from the shotgun was erratic and throwing the timing off. He may have been an All American in 1996 as a center, but he didn't play center that much. The rest of his college career was played at guard. I don't think he belongs on the center list as he didn't really even play half a season at center.