Wins for NU

How many wins will NU have in '05?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, maybe I'm a bit of an optimist but I think that 9 wins is very possible with potential losses against Tech and Oklahoma. I agree that the offense will be improved with ZT at the helm and I think the receivers can make plays. The running back stables are full with Porkchop, Brandon Jackson, and Marlon Lucky on the way. The defense is a little suspect, but still think they can eek out 9 wins. The realist in me would probably say more like 8 wins, but hey, gotta have faith!

Husker Nation, I can say it enough....we just need to be patient! Better days are coming! This year will show tremendous improvement and maybe break back into the Top 25 and our boys will make a trip to a significant bowl game. Next year....we show the nation that WE ARE NEBRASKA! But the time is now to BE RED, BE PROUD!

The optimist inside is telling me 8 wins this year, but the realist thinks 7. We will have a winning record and go to a bowl game, and I'll take that to the bank. Last year was tough for everyone, but the players seem to have a broader understanding of the offense and they seem more like a 'team' this year than they did last year. I don't like defections but sometimes they're necessary. I don't see the guys that left transferring to OU, USC, Texas or the like. We're bringing the talent in, the coaches are learning, and the sky is getting bluer. My prediction for next year? The 1st of 30 consecutive 9 win seasons! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD GO BIG RED!

May very well finish below .500, again.

Thanks, bill.

Put down a number. Now is your chance to show off your soothsaying skills that you claim you have. If you pick a record and you are right, you can talk all the crap you want.

I say 9... Had it not been for our impotent passing game last season, we probably would have won all but OK and TT.... With a potentially great passing game, and what looks to be a stable full of thoroughbreds, we should do quite well this season. Hell, the only games Coz can really ruin things for us in will be OK and TT, again.... :cheers

I don't see the guys that left transferring to OU, USC, Texas or the like.

Agreed, theyre playing in the NFL.

Excuse me? What players that left besides Washington and Bullocks are in the NFL? Birkel? Pittman? Pilkington? The walk-on going to UNO? The LB/Model? Wait I know Dailey right. As far as the two that got drafted, only time will tell how good they are. For anyone getting excited about Washington going in the first round I've got two words for you. Bruce Pickens. I hope not, but I wouldn't be suprised.

I don't see the guys that left transferring to OU, USC, Texas or the like.

Agreed, theyre playing in the NFL.

Excuse me? What players that left besides Washington and Bullocks are in the NFL? Birkel? Pittman? Pilkington? The walk-on going to UNO? The LB/Model? Wait I know Dailey right. As far as the two that got drafted, only time will tell how good they are. For anyone getting excited about Washington going in the first round I've got two words for you. Bruce Pickens. I hope not, but I wouldn't be suprised.

Easy on the Bruce, Jedi. :steam

Put me down for 9 wins.

W Maine - should be pulling away by early 3rd quarter

W Wake Forest - probably close game

W Pittsburgh - interesting to see how they play with their new HC

W Iowa State - No repeat of last year

? Texas Tech - 70-10 you say? Not in Lincoln. Payback.

W Baylor - not improving, still bottom of South

W Missouri - Pinkel's last season, Smith mis-used again

? Oklahoma - with so many starters graduating, they will not be the same. FG!

W Kansas - Mangino is slowly improving.

? Kansas State - terrible spring... will they improve

? Colorado - they can stink all season, but still play us hard

The Revenge factor is big for both TTU and OU, and KSU and CU will bring their "A" game. I think we'll win two these games (possibly more).

For Post-season Play:

L BXII CCG to UTerus (If we go - we must win 2+ "?" games to win the North)

W Bowl Game

10-3 for the season (or better).