What the KU board is saying about NU game

husker76

:lol: ha! stopping a big 12 offense is just slightly different than stopping a mac offense.......

i just read up on bill miller and lets just say that his resume is quite unimpressive. :o

I noticed you left off SEC, ACC, Pac 10 & Big 10...

And what big 12 O did NU stop last year? MU? nope 52pts. CU? nope 31pts. OU? nope 62pts. KU? nope 35pts. KSU? nope 28pts. TT? nope 37pts Baylor? yeah 20pts. ISU? yes 7 pts.

So....thats 2 right?

AGAIN, I have no dog in this one, but if were going to try and prove a point, atleast take off the rose colored glasses and look at it... Or not, it is your board. But if you laugh at me and make a silly statement, expect that I will respond. because, after all, it is my board also...

Texas Tech- Held the Techies to their season low in Passing yards at 274.

Baylor- 75% of their total yardage and 2 of their touchdowns were the result of 3 plays by perhaps the most dynamic player in the Big 12. Mizzou will attest to that.

OU- Sooners scored 21 of their points from inside the Nebraska 20 yard line, but they did kick the Huskers ass, no doubt about that. But to hold the defense responsible for allowing a pick six or failing to stop an offense from going 9 yards after a turnover is a bit of a stretch.

KU- Nebraska turned the ball over 4 times against KU and still won easily. Midway through the 4th quarter, KU still had less than 300 total yards. They scored once from inside the nu 25 after a turnover, and their last score came with less than 2 minutes left against scrubs, after NU was up by 17. NU's defense played great against KU.

K-State- The Cats had 247 total yards and 13 first downs. They scored on a kick-off return and a pick six. NU dominated their hapless offense.

NU allowed 291 total yards to Colorado. The Buffs scored their first two touchdowns on 4 plays of total offense at the beginning of the game. They also scored on a 65 yard TD after a botched fake punt by NU. They only sustained one legit scoring drive the whole game.

Against Clemson, a team that was averaging over 250 rushing yards per game, Nebraska gave up 4 rushing yards. Four. Clemson was held to under 210 total yards.

Nebraska finished second in the Big 12 in total defense. Scoring Defense is misguided stat.

Now as for NU against Mizzou, you guys sodomized us, but NU's defense played pretty damn well the rest of the season aside from OU.

:lol: ha! stopping a big 12 offense is just slightly different than stopping a mac offense.......

i just read up on bill miller and lets just say that his resume is quite unimpressive. :o

I noticed you left off SEC, ACC, Pac 10 & Big 10...

And what big 12 O did NU stop last year? MU? nope 52pts. CU? nope 31pts. OU? nope 62pts. KU? nope 35pts. KSU? nope 28pts. TT? nope 37pts Baylor? yeah 20pts. ISU? yes 7 pts.

So....thats 2 right?

AGAIN, I have no dog in this one, but if were going to try and prove a point, atleast take off the rose colored glasses and look at it... Or not, it is your board. But if you laugh at me and make a silly statement, expect that I will respond. because, after all, it is my board also...

Texas Tech- Held the Techies to their season low in Passing yards at 274.

Baylor- 75% of their total yardage and 2 of their touchdowns were the result of 3 plays by perhaps the most dynamic player in the Big 12. Mizzou will attest to that.

OU- Sooners scored 21 of their points from inside the Nebraska 20 yard line, but they did kick the Huskers ass, no doubt about that. But to hold the defense responsible for allowing a pick six or failing to stop an offense from going 9 yards after a turnover is a bit of a stretch.

KU- Nebraska turned the ball over 4 times against KU and still won easily. Midway through the 4th quarter, KU still had less than 300 total yards. They scored once from inside the nu 25 after a turnover, and their last score came with less than 2 minutes left against scrubs, after NU was up by 17. NU's defense played great against KU.

K-State- The Cats had 247 total yards and 13 first downs. They scored on a kick-off return and a pick six. NU dominated their hapless offense.

NU allowed 291 total yards to Colorado. The Buffs scored their first two touchdowns on 4 plays of total offense at the beginning of the game. They also scored on a 65 yard TD after a botched fake punt by NU. They only sustained one legit scoring drive the whole game.

Against Clemson, a team that was averaging over 250 rushing yards per game, Nebraska gave up 4 rushing yards. Four. Clemson was held to under 210 total yards.

Nebraska finished second in the Big 12 in total defense. Scoring Defense is misguided stat.

Now as for NU against Mizzou, you guys sodomized us, but NU's defense played pretty damn well the rest of the season aside from OU.

thank you. some people will just twist the facts to make themselves right. <_<

I dont know. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought Pts scored determend who wins. Making excuses about how a team burned you for two TDs on 4 plays doesnt excuse that is happened. Then obviously your not a great D. Great D's dont get burned, multiple times, in the same darn game. TWO series in a row. I am not trying to start some sort of stat arguement. But you cant act like other conference O's suck, then brag about holding them to low yards. cant have it both ways. You cant talk about holding teams to low yards but then give up multiple big plays for scores. Team scored against NE to a clip of 28+ pts. Thats not very good. That is just the truth. Is it better in the big 12 then the big 10? yeah it is. But lets not again forget that NU held the ball longer the almost every team in college football. SO as you so stated, "some people just twist the facts to make themselves right" what do you think you are doing. Check out the BIG 12 website. Pull up the conference stats. look at avg yrd allowed per play. look at pts allowed. look at rush yrd per attempt, look at avg pass allowed. you will see NU ranks in the bottom half of the conference in almost every catagory. They faced the fewest plays in college football. Still gave up more pts then alot of other football teams. Twist is how you want to.

Look at Bo's D stats also Husker B. Check out OU and how they got worse when BO was there. Check out his first year at LSU. Players and scheme changes have alot to do with it. Even in BO's case. But dont dog one guy that goes from major school to major school as a DC at each one. Then praise your coach who did the same. Lateral moves, even down grades. OU to LSU was a down grade when he left. And for all we know BO may fail at NU and end up a postion coach somewhere.

Its my opinion, I am not mad at you. But I do think some of your arguements are silly. like your comments on the conferences. Was the 2008 big 12 the same as the 2003 big 12? Not even close. Just like the ACC was alittle different in the late 90's then it currently is. Big 10 was pretty darn good there back in 99-02. SEC was not the same 5 years ago as it is today and so on.

This is going no where, you obviously think BO is the greatest coach, and are down grading someone who, I am sure if he was your coach, you would talk up. I think we will just have to call this one a draw. We are just not seeing things the same way.

Have a good one man,

Fro

Bill Miller coaching career from 99-2008 (not in exact order of when he actually coached)

Nevada

OSU

Miami

Michigan State

Arizona State

Western Michigan

Louisville

according to http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/37394039.html

Bo Pelini coaching career 99-2008

New England Patriots

Green Bay Packers

Nebraska Cornhuskers - DC

Oklahoma Sooners - Assistant DC

LSU - DC (National Championship)

Nebraska Cornhuskers - HC

Pelini's is a bit more respectable.

:rollin

Yea a little different :lol:

actually bo was not even my first choice for a coach. so your argument on that one holds no water. even tho yes i do think that he was the appropriate choice.

still tho, those conferences were known as defensive conferences just like the big 12 was just a few short years ago.

i honestly feel that he would be a downgrade of our current defensive coordinator. i mean honestly you are acting like the guy is muschamp quality or something! they guy has only had top 50 (ya top 50) defenses where he had superior talent ie. Florida schools. Frankly i do not find that impressive. my bad i guess.

I really don't know where to begin. It's giving me a headache!! Here take two of these...."what are they"? Nuprin! "Little....yellow....different".

Name that movie?????? Think early 90's.....two guys partying in their basement.

But seriously, what did ya'll expect was going to be on our Jayhawk Boards??? The same BS ya'll are spreading, just the opposite. Lets just put it this way. Both teams have questions, and it's going to be one heck of a game in Lawrence this year, and the offseason sucks!

I really don't know where to begin. It's giving me a headache!! Here take two of these...."what are they"? Nuprin! "Little....yellow....different".

But seriously, what did ya'll expect was going to be on our Jayhawk Boards??? The same BS ya'll are spreading, just the opposite. Lets just put it this way. Both teams have questions, and it's going to be one heck of a game in Lawrence this year, and the offseason sucks!

good post. :thumbs

but its the offseason, you gotta bicker with opposing teams fans! in the end all will be fine. :cheers:bonez

but its the offseason, you gotta bicker with opposing teams fans! in the end all will be fine. :cheers:bonez

True this is. One thing I will respond to though-I think it's pretty even at RB between KU and NU. I really don't think either team has much of an advantage over the other. Nobody on this board seems to respect Jake Sharp, and I don't know why. He really didn't have a good game against you guys, but he single-handedly beat ISU, and helped us stay close with OU for 3 quarters. The guy can flat out play, and is one of KU's biggest difference makers.

True this is. One thing I will respond to though-I think it's pretty even at RB between KU and NU. I really don't think either team has much of an advantage over the other. Nobody on this board seems to respect Jake Sharp, and I don't know why. He really didn't have a good game against you guys, but he single-handedly beat ISU, and helped us stay close with OU for 3 quarters. The guy can flat out play, and is one of KU's biggest difference makers.

the only thing that i really have against the guy is that with the exception of OU he really seams to struggle against good dlines and OUs dline really isnt all that great. he seems to have had a really big spurt of production in three straight games last season and other than that he really didnt average too many yds per carry. i think if he were to add a little weight he would have a chance to be a pretty good back. just my opinion tho.

I think Jake Sharp is a heck of a football player and extremely talented. He is a real playmaker.

That said, I think people are giving Nebraska the advantage because we have two outstanding guys in Castille and Helu. Because we have the depth, that's why I give them the nod over KU. Sharp can only be in the backfield for so long, but we have a lot of guys who can roll in and out of there and make some big plays.

KU obviously has a WR and QB advantage without question, so no quarry there on my behalf.

I think Jake Sharp is a heck of a football player and extremely talented. He is a real playmaker.

That said, I think people are giving Nebraska the advantage because we have two outstanding guys in Castille and Helu. Because we have the depth, that's why I give them the nod over KU. Sharp can only be in the backfield for so long, but we have a lot of guys who can roll in and out of there and make some big plays.

KU obviously has a WR and QB advantage without question, so no quarry there on my behalf.

very accurate post imo.

very accurate post imo.

Yeah I'll give you that. I forgot about Castille. And Quigley is switching to LB, so Crawford will be backing up Sharp, and honestly that makes me nervous. Dude played like a 4 star bust to me. :angry:

very accurate post imo.

Yeah I'll give you that. I forgot about Castille. And Quigley is switching to LB, so Crawford will be backing up Sharp, and honestly that makes me nervous. Dude played like a 4 star bust to me. :angry:

eh, we have had a few of those. such a waste!

very accurate post imo.

eh, we have had a few of those. such a waste!

Call me nuts, but Sharp reminds me of Maclin a little bit. Not completely, so hold off on the pitchforks and hear me out. Both are somewhat similar in stature. Both are speedy, Maclin clearly moreso but Sharp is very fast also. Both are quick and cut on a dime. Both have very good vision and make good decisions on the field. Both are game-changers, but Mac by a wider margin.

Every time I get frustrated with one of these mine-is-bigger-than-yours debates, I try to step back and remember it's fine to be a homer on your own board, rude to be a homer on another team's board (no Fro and JGS, I don't mean you) and it's OFF-SEASON!

Spring ball cannot start soon enuf. :madash