What the KU board is saying about NU game

husker76

The upgrade to their coaching staff? this is something like their DC's 5th job in 10 years.

And remember their running game last year? well this year it will be even harder for them. Also, i will never forget watching Reesing walk off the field limping and hearing my girlfriend say she felt sorry for him. This next year we will be better at getting pressure on the quarterback, so i am interested to see how reesing holds up to that.

Also, it is dumb to make a statement about NU never being the NU of old again. Every team that has tradition goes through down periods and then gets back up. There is no reason what so ever to claim that NU will never be up there again. With out a doubt we are the most attractive team in the North for everyone outside of Lawrence, Boulder, Manhattan, Ames and Columbia. The very fact that NE is the only team in the North with our kind of tradition should allow us to be top 15 every year again soon when the order is fully restored. I would predict a North championship for us 7 of the next 10 years. Plus we don't get to be the product of a cake schedule every couple of years like KU. Missouri was the only ranked team they played before the bowl game ALL SEASON. And they lost.

I think KU fans should stick to the most amazing celebration ever created: "waving the wheat". What a stupid thing to do after a touchdown. It is even embarassing just to watch.

you're just as bad as them.

:yeah

BTW

The upgrade to their coaching staff? this is something like their DC's 5th job in 10 years

Those in glass houses should not throw stones....

Bill Miller - 6 jobs from 99-2009

Bo Pelini - 6 jobs from 99-2009

just an idea :dunno

Bill Miller coaching career from 99-2008 (not in exact order of when he actually coached)

Nevada

OSU

Miami

Michigan State

Arizona State

Western Michigan

Louisville

according to http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/37394039.html

Bo Pelini coaching career 99-2008

New England Patriots

Green Bay Packers

Nebraska Cornhuskers - DC

Oklahoma Sooners - Assistant DC

LSU - DC (National Championship)

Nebraska Cornhuskers - HC

Pelini's is a bit more respectable.

Bill Miller coaching career from 99-2008 (not in exact order of when he actually coached)

Nevada 83-85 DC

OSU 89-94 DC

Miami - 95-98 DC

Michigan State - 99-02 DC

Florida - 03-04 Associate HC and LB

Arizona State - 05-06 DC

Western Michigan -07 DC

Louisville - 08 LB & DC

Kansas -09 DC & LB

New England Patriots - LB coach 97-99

Green Bay Packers - LB coach 00-02

Nebraska Cornhuskers - DC 03

Oklahoma Sooners - Assistant DC 04

LSU - DC (National Championship) 05-07

Nebraska Cornhuskers - HC 08-

Fixed some for you. BTW i missed when being an assistant was better than a Cordinator. See it how you want it, i dont have a dog in the fight but his resume looks quite impressive to me...

The following is long, I apoligize in advance:

I find this all very amusing. Is there a free site where we can debate this stuff with them?

Let's take an honest and unbiased look at these two teams on offense:

KU loses their center and two guards. They return the following:

QB- Reesing- Stud

WR- Briscoe- Major Stud

WR- Meier- Possession Stud

RB- Sharp - Average but experienced, will not beat anyone alone

TE- Biere- Good player, would not be above 3rd string at Nebraska that's why we didn't offer him despite coming from Omaha. That's not an indictment on Biere, it's more of a commentary on Nebraska's talent at tight end.

OT- Return two freshmen who were beat up a lot this past season. Pierre Allen and Zach Potter made them their beotches repeatedly. Those two should be improved due to the natural progression of experience. However, it's safe to say Pierre Allen and Barry Turner will be better next year as well.

So where will KU be vulnerable offensively in '09?

How about along that interior o-line. Suh and company destroyed an experienced interior o-line last season. We're supposed to believe the three new guys will have more ability? Jared Crick and Terrence Moore even had their way with the KU line last season. Suh, Steinkuhler, Crick, and Moore will create even more havoc next season.

This game will be decided in the trenches. Don't let the KU fans get to you. They're still to new to football to understand how the game works. The last time NU went to KU, the Jayhawks had far more talent and experience in the trenches, and it showed.

Secondly, KU fan needs to take a step back and realize Nebraska is going to come into Lawrence with the most experienced and 2nd most talented defense they will face all season long. KU fan is delusional if they think the Jayhawks have more talent.

What does Nebraska return on defense?

I'm not a KU board I don't need to point out NU's D-line, linebackers, and secondary will be among the most talented and experienced in the Big 12.

What does NU return on offense?

RB- Helu - As good as any Big 12 running back over the last half of the season in '08. I'm sure KU remembers what he did to them.

RB- Castille- His performance against Clemson demonstrated just how much potential he has

OT- Javario Burkes, multiple starts in two seasons.

OG- Andy Christensen- fondling aside, the guy has been a two year starter

OC- Jacob Hickman - one of the top centers in the Big 12

OT- Mike Smith- Returning starter

Gee, that looks like four returning starters on the o-line.

NU also has another five guys with experience as back ups, 6 if you count Derek Meyer whom started at K-State before transferring to Nebraska.

TE- McNeill, Young, Hill, Cotton - Nebraska is loaded at this postion. Cotton might have the most talent, and he's only a freshman.

WR- Niles Paul and Meno Holt - These guys have played ample amount of snaps. They are more physically gifted than Swift and Peterson. NU didn't beat KU because Swift and Peterson were able to outrun your corners. We beat KU because Joey Ganz was able to have coffee in the backfield, and the system allowed those guys to be open.

Plus, the running game was dominating the Hawks. Don't expect that to change next year as well.

Mocking NU by saying "our offense graduated" is rich when you consider KU loses 70 plus starts at linebacker, their most experienced defensive lineman in Boreson, and their best cover corner, Thornton is a head case.

Stuckey is great player and Laptad is a quality pass rusher. However, Laptad was dominated last year by Mike Smith, I find it unlikely that Laptad will do anything to progress more than Smith from a year ago.

So NU needs to find a quarteback. If Nebraska doesn't have a serviceable quarterback capable of executing their offense by Mid-November, then yes Kansas, you will beat Nebraska.

If that is indeed the case, then you shouldn't even be talking about Nebraska anyway. The Huskers will be completely irrelevant by the time they visit Lawrence.

However, let's just say they do find a serviceable QB, you'd have to be pretty ignorant as a KU fan to not admit Nebraska has experience and talent superiority at every position except QB and the two wideouts.

Honestly:

QB- advantage KU

WR- Advantage- KU

RB- advantage Nebraska

OL- advantage Nebraska

TE- advantage Nebraska

DL- advantage NEbraska

LB- advantage Nebraska

CB- advantage Nebraska

S- push, Stuckey is terrific, but NU has more depth and overall talent at the position.

K/P- No contest- Huskers

Coaching- NU is 1-0 vs. Mangino.

Stadium- Advantage - KU

What was this matchup like in '07 when KU hung 76 on NU?

QB- Advantage- KU

RB- Advantage- KU

WR- Advatnage - KU

OL- Advantage - KU

TE- Advantage- KU

DL- Advantage- KU

LB- Advantage- KU

DB- Advantage- KU

K/P- Huskers got you Here!!

Coaching- Fat Man

Stadium- Lawrenceville

What were the matchups like in '08?

QB- Advantage KU

WR- Advantage - KU

RB- Advantage- NU

TE- Advantage- NU

OL- Advantage- NU

DL- Advantage- NU

LB- Advantage- KU

DB- Advantage- NU

K/P- Huskers

Coaching- New Coach for NU/ clearly Fatty had Advantage

Stadium- Memorial Advantage Skers.

Does anyone see a pattern here? So KU will once again have the talent and experience edge at WR and QB, but NU will remain the same and actually gain the edge at the backers position? Gee.

KU fan is right, he has no reason to be scared of the Huskers.

Coaching- NU is 1-0 vs. Mangino.

Stadium- Advantage - KU

With regards to the recruits:

Sellers was never offered by Nebraska. He's a tweener, and KU is making a big mistake. He's too slow to play linebacker, and he's too small to play D-end or Tight end. Pelini offers Nebraska kids first and foremost, he knew Sellers wouldn't have a position in the Big 12.

Nevada 83-85 DC

OSU 89-94 DC

Miami - 95-98 DC

Michigan State - 99-02 DC

Florida - 03-04 Associate HC and LB

Arizona State - 05-06 DC

Western Michigan -07 DC

Louisville - 08 LB & DC

Kansas -09 DC & LB

New England Patriots - LB coach 97-99

Green Bay Packers - LB coach 00-02

Nebraska Cornhuskers - DC 03

Oklahoma Sooners - Assistant DC 04

LSU - DC (National Championship) 05-07

Nebraska Cornhuskers - HC 08-

Fixed some for you. BTW i missed when being an assistant was better than a Cordinator. See it how you want it, i dont have a dog in the fight but his resume looks quite impressive to me...

:lol: ha! stopping a big 12 offense is just slightly different than stopping a mac offense.......

i just read up on bill miller and lets just say that his resume is quite unimpressive. :o

:lol: ha! stopping a big 12 offense is just slightly different than stopping a mac offense.......

i just read up on bill miller and lets just say that his resume is quite unimpressive. :o

I noticed you left off SEC, ACC, Pac 10 & Big 10...

And what big 12 O did NU stop last year? MU? nope 52pts. CU? nope 31pts. OU? nope 62pts. KU? nope 35pts. KSU? nope 28pts. TT? nope 37pts Baylor? yeah 20pts. ISU? yes 7 pts.

So....thats 2 right?

AGAIN, I have no dog in this one, but if were going to try and prove a point, atleast take off the rose colored glasses and look at it... Or not, it is your board. But if you laugh at me and make a silly statement, expect that I will respond. because, after all, it is my board also...

And what big 12 O did NU stop last year? MU? nope 52pts. CU? nope 31pts. OU? nope 62pts. KU? nope 35pts. KSU? nope 28pts. TT? nope 37pts Baylor? yeah 20pts. ISU? yes 7 pts.

So....thats 2 right?

AGAIN, I have no dog in this one, but if were going to try and prove a point, atleast take off the rose colored glasses and look at it... Or not, it is your board. But if you laugh at me and make a silly statement, expect that I will respond. because, after all, it is my board also...

:lol: I will start, that was silly. Damn Mizzou fans being right :bang:bang

So....thats 2 right?

ok and which of those conferences have offenses like the big 12?

:

:

:

Oh thats right.....none of them.

all of the SEC, ACC, and Big 10 are known for defense and in the big 10s case even that can be argued.

The only conference you listed that has decent offenses is the pac10 and i still say there would be at least four teams from the big 12 with better offenses than their best offense.

There is a reason he went from Arizona st. D coordinator to Western michigan as D coordinator (downgrade) to Louisville as linebackers coach (downgrade) and then finally to Kansas as co-d coordinator (damn near lateral). As well as looking at his not so impressive stats from those years. every school that i have looked at actually had worse defensive stats while he was there, as opposed to the year before.

silly response huh?

But if you laugh at me and make a silly statement, expect that I will respond. because, after all, it is my board also...

and this, i dont even understand this. why would i expect you not to respond? but ok, get mad because someone disagrees with you...