What does everyone like to read?

The Economist

I like the articles in the Economist...don't always agree, but they offer a good perspective on many issues. I subscribe to that and Foreign Policy...dunno if you've checked that out, but it's pretty good too.

Ditto about your comment about agreeing with articles in the Eonomist. Foreign Policy is not one that I read. I may have to give one that a go.

Lemme know if you do, and if you like FP. They only publish about 6 times a year, so the articles are alot more in-depth and longer than the usual news mags, but they do hit up some good topics quite a bit. Sometimes you can tell when the reporter/author puts some good time and research into their topic, and it turns out to be a good read.

Terry Goodkind - The Sword of Truth series

How is that series? My brother read them and said he didn't like them, so I've held of on reading them. Have you read Tad Williams? It's a longer read, but his Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy was really good.

I read the Tad Williams set years ago, and liked it a lot.

The sword of truth has tended to be a love it or hate it kind of series. I really loved it, but if you read the long sets of reviews at Amazon, there are a lot of people who seem to think there is too much violence/sex in it, or somehow feel offended by some of the ideas in there. I would say, pick up Wizard's First Rule and see if you like it.

Terry Goodkind - The Sword of Truth series

How is that series? My brother read them and said he didn't like them, so I've held of on reading them. Have you read Tad Williams? It's a longer read, but his Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy was really good.

I read the Tad Williams set years ago, and liked it a lot.

The sword of truth has tended to be a love it or hate it kind of series. I really loved it, but if you read the long sets of reviews at Amazon, there are a lot of people who seem to think there is too much violence/sex in it, or somehow feel offended by some of the ideas in there. I would say, pick up Wizard's First Rule and see if you like it.

Cool, I'll have to give it a shot...

Huskerboard! (of course!)

My Son and I coloured a placemat at Old Chicago a couple of Fridays ago while waiting for a deep dish old number 7.

Discovered late in high school...even more so in college that I way prefer writin' to readin'... :dumdum

Farside.

Calvin & Hobbs.

Just paypal'd someone on ebay yesterday for "Heart of a Husker" by Mike Babcock.

(Hope there's some pictures I can color in it).

Last book I read was my autographed copy of "Diary of a Husker"

I remember sorta liking Jack Frost books as a child even though there weren't nearly enough pictures ("White Fang" "Call of the Wild")

Went through a biography faze a decade ago.."Under the Tarnished Dome" about Holtz/Notre Dame..

One about Barry Switzer "Bootlegger's Boy"? and a few books about former OU players.."The Boz"? and one or two QB's...J.C. Watts? and Charles Thompson? I think..

I also just paypal'd someone for a speedreading course for my Son and I, so hopefully I'll soon be able to read without moving my lips and more than eight words a minute.

• 2 weeks later...