QB Scotty Young

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 3, 2009. PREP STAR

SCOTT YOUNG, QB, 6-3, 185, 4.8, DENTON (RYAN), TEXAS

Texas Tech commit

Why Texas Tech?

“I’ve been talking to their coach a lot and I just thought it would be a good place. I went down and visited Texas Tech like the beginning of football season to see one of their games and I really like what I saw. They (Tech) have a similar offense (spread) as ours and I thought it was a good fit.” Young said

“When I went on my visit all the coaches made me feel really good,” Young said, “They acted like they cared about me a lot. The coaches really helped my decision.”

“Texas Tech facilities are really nice. I didn’t get to see all of it,” Young said, “That’s why I’m going to their spring game April 18 so I can look around a little bit more. From what I saw definitely see myself fit in.”

“I like Lubbock a lot. What attracted me the most was how crazy the fans are about the football team. Lubbock is only a four hour drive that was a factor in my decision. It’s kind of far but not too bad.” Young said

“Right now the only spring game I have scheduled is the Tech game. I might look into a couple more. One of my offensive linemen (Garrett Gramling) really likes Baylor right now, so he might go to Baylor spring game, I might go too.”

Former teammate helped make the decision for Texas Tech

“Yahshua Williams (teammate) signed with Texas Tech last year and he told me a lot about the system and stuff, Yahshua told me a lot about some of the visits he went to and for what reason why he committed to Tech.” Young said

“One of our rival schools Kyle Clark, who signed with Texas Tech this year, is from Guyer. Kyle talked to me a lot about it (Texas Tech). He was one of the reasons why Tech started to look at me for the first place. He told the coaches about me. Kyle is really a nice guy. When I go down to Tech for their spring game, I will be spending some time with him, help me look around.” Young said

Baylor Junior Day’s

“I went to Baylor’s junior days and I really like it a lot.” Young said, “I thought it was a really good school and good facilities. I just thought Texas Tech offense fit me better. I pretty much narrowed it down to those two schools. The Baylor coaches were great. Baylor’s offense would be a big adjustment to the college level.”

Tech Game With Nebraska

“I went to the Texas Tech and Nebraska game,” Young said, “All the fans were really into the game. It was just a really good atmosphere at the game. It was a good game they (Tech) pulled it off at the end (overtime). All the coaches were really happy after the game I got to see what it was like in to win a game the locker room. Nebraska is turning their program around a lot. They looked good in the game.” Young said

Still Hear From Nebraska

“Nebraska came out and watched me throw a little bit they are sort of talking to me a little bit. I still get letters from Nebraska. They send me a letter about the spring game.” Young said

“I’m pretty happy with my decision right now, I’m going to keep my options open a little bit and see if a better door opens, but right now I’m pretty happy where I am.” Young added