All Time OLB

All Time OLB  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Farley but was wondering why Ed Stewart and Leroy Etienne were not on the list. I am pretty sure they both played outside but not positive.

I thought they both played on the inside. Stewart played with Trev and Travis Hill so I assumed he was the MLB in that corp. According to the All Conference listings on www.huskers.com Etienne was an ILB. I planned on having both of them with ILB's when that poll comes around.

I voted for Farley but was wondering why Ed Stewart and Leroy Etienne were not on the list. I am pretty sure they both played outside but not positive.

I thought they both played on the inside. Stewart played with Trev and Travis Hill so I assumed he was the MLB in that corp. According to the All Conference listings on www.huskers.com Etienne was an ILB. I planned on having both of them with ILB's when that poll comes around.

I don't think Stewart was an ILB. As I recall, he was a converted safety, to get more speed at LB. I also remember the 94 season Orange Bowl vs. Miami when they analyzed a Miami TD pass, showing that Stewart made his first step to the line and that was enough for the receiver to beat him. It really struck me how just one false step was enough to cause a breakdown like this and how tough it must be to play at that level. Anyway, Stewart was definitely lined up outside on that play, and I think that was his regular spot.

I don't think Stewart was an ILB. As I recall, he was a converted safety, to get more speed at LB. I also remember the 94 season Orange Bowl vs. Miami when they analyzed a Miami TD pass, showing that Stewart made his first step to the line and that was enough for the receiver to beat him. It really struck me how just one false step was enough to cause a breakdown like this and how tough it must be to play at that level. Anyway, Stewart was definitely lined up outside on that play, and I think that was his regular spot.

According to www.huskers.com every year but the 94 season Stewart is listed as just a LB. The 94 year it has him as WLB. For some reason I always thought he played on the inside. I guess I will need to include him on OLB poll #2. That one is my bad.

According to www.huskers.com every year but the 94 season Stewart is listed as just a LB. The 94 year it has him as WLB. For some reason I always thought he played on the inside. I guess I will need to include him on OLB poll #2. That one is my bad.

Alberts, Thomas and Hill were stand up ends in 52 defense. That defense has no OLBs.