cody green injured...(confirmed, minor)

If he converted to Catholicism prior to playing his first game I think there might possibly be canonization or sainthood involved. j/k :lol:

I really don't know what canonization is. :dunno

All this speculation is great but I have no idea what Coach is going to do at the QB position. :)

Personally, I had Green pegged as the next Colt McCoy. Starting as a true freshman, leading the Big Red to regained national recogition.

"It could happen." JudyTanuda

The only thing is, Colt McCoy did not play as a true freshman.

A lot of people seem to forget that he was a redshirt freshman.

All hype aside, it will hurt his development if he misses spring practice. Is it the end of the world...no but he will loose valuable experience behind center. Again not the end of the world, and nothing to get wrapped around the axle over. Just too bad is all.

GBR

Martinez might get more of a look @ QB than people initially thought. Just speculation on my part.

I agree. Saw him play against De La Salle this year in the state championship game and he looked good. Had a unique delivery but he has tremendous speed which allows him to make plays even when it breaks down. If this news is true, it will certainly help him get more of a look.

California now has state championships instead of regional titles?

I can't help but wonder if ,in the long run, an injury to a true freshmen quarterback might ultimately benifit both the team and the player. The expectations on this kid right know seem to be just north of messiah, right up there with Curt Dukes and Harrison Beck. An injury at this point may just be enough to convince him and husker nation to be patient through a red shirt year.

conversly, I think it's telling that Ebke moved to safety, that sure doesn't leave alot of choice at QB