This Is The Year!!!

#5 sure does draw a lot of parallels to where we're at right now.

OT: one small difference, the prevailing interest rate is now near 0; in the early 80s, it was in something like the teens. So now no one will give you a loan, and then you couldn't get a loan because it was too expensive. OTOH I'm pretty sure that that football is recession proof, so I think you are out of luck, Cy.

I just refinanced my house at 4.5% and saved myself a couple hundred a month on the payment...obviously there are still some stupid bankers out there.

Funny thing was...even after a flood and some major rebuilding that isn't done yet, the appraiser still wrote it up as worth about 1/5 more than I paid for it 10 years ago...I'm pretty sure that's so they can raise the taxes on me. I'm hoping for another flood this year. Maybe I'll be able to convince them that it washed away my brand new Mercedes....along with all the paperwork...that I just bought two hours before. That didn't work last time <_<

#5 sure does draw a lot of parallels to where we're at right now.

OT: one small difference, the prevailing interest rate is now near 0; in the early 80s, it was in something like the teens. So now no one will give you a loan, and then you couldn't get a loan because it was too expensive. OTOH I'm pretty sure that that football is recession proof, so I think you are out of luck, Cy.

I just refinanced my house at 4.5% and saved myself a couple hundred a month on the payment...obviously there are still some stupid bankers out there.

Funny thing was...even after a flood and some major rebuilding that isn't done yet, the appraiser still wrote it up as worth about 1/5 more than I paid for it 10 years ago...I'm pretty sure that's so they can raise the taxes on me. I'm hoping for another flood this year. Maybe I'll be able to convince them that it washed away my brand new Mercedes....along with all the paperwork...that I just bought two hours before. That didn't work last time <_<

ROLF! If only all the posters from other teams were like Cy......

As always Cy you are 'spot' on...

So can you help me now with my basketball brackets?

No...basketball is for girls <_<

Good to see you still have that USC pic in your signature. I have never figured out why you do that, but it brings me comfort to see it because I missed you.

Good to see you still have that USC pic in your signature. I have never figured out why you do that, but it brings me comfort to see it because I missed you.

This is how Iowa State will be confusing USC in the 2009 BCS Championship game. They won't know what to do when they see that they are playing with themselves...uh...beating themselves...uh....

Shut up :angry:

Didn't Kansas used to imitate the NY Giants unis?

This is how Iowa State will be confusing USC in the 2009 BCS Championship game. They won't know what to do when they see that they are playing with themselves...uh...beating themselves...uh....

Shut up :angry:

Good idea. Schedule and hope to confuse their players. Yes.... This is a nice plan.

On two ocassions we actually did that. More recently we did it again, but it was not nearly as bad as we did it back in 87...

Fortunately, they are not another college team. I wish people would have confused us with the Giants...

I am proud to say we are curently not imitating anyone, and I do not think we ever looked as much like the Giants as Iowa State is looking like USC...

On two ocassions we actually did that. More recently we did it again, but it was not nearly as bad as we did it back in 87...

Fortunately, they are not another college team. I wish people would have confused us with the Giants...

I am proud to say we are curently not imitating anyone, and I do not think we ever looked as much like the Giants as Iowa State is looking like USC...

Oh goodness...which reply to use?

1. "Oh come on...you've been imitating a Division 1 football team for decades..."

2. "Oh come on...your unis are a direct rip-off the the San Francisco Rainbow Collalition semi-pro team"

3. "Oh come on...bad taste for uniqueness' sake is still bad taste...."

I could go on...I got millions of em.... <_<

1. "Oh come on...you've been imitating a Division 1 football team for decades..."

2. "Oh come on...your unis are a direct rip-off the the San Francisco Rainbow Collalition semi-pro team"

I'd say go with #1, but then again Kansas isn't regarded as Northern Iowa's b*tch.

I'd say go with #1, but then again Kansas isn't regarded as Northern Iowa's b*tch.

Kansas is afraid to play Northern Iowa...if they would rename themselves Cedar Falls College of the Perfoming Arts or Northern Iowa Junior College, the schedulers at Kansas would probably add them to the schedule in a heartbeat if past non-conference schedules are any indication... <_<