Steven M. Sipple: Lee in a no-huddle? It makes sense

I agree with Cy on this one. NU running the no huddle this year would look like the biggest cluster fu** you've ever seen. What's wrong with huddling up to get the play right? Then, the D has no idea what set you're even going to line up in. How many no huddle offenses win the time of possession battle? I still laugh when all the gurus said time of possession doesn't matter when they were talking about Mizzou being almost dead last. Well, maybe if they'd have huddled once in a while they wouldn't have lost 4 games. They were outmanned against Texass and OU, but they should have beat KU and Okie State.

I agree with Cy on this one. NU running the no huddle this year would look like the biggest cluster fu** you've ever seen. What's wrong with huddling up to get the play right? Then, the D has no idea what set you're even going to line up in. How many no huddle offenses win the time of possession battle? I still laugh when all the gurus said time of possession doesn't matter when they were talking about Mizzou being almost dead last. Well, maybe if they'd have huddled once in a while they wouldn't have lost 4 games. They were outmanned against Texass and OU, but they should have beat KU and Okie State.

thats where your argument is severely flawed. lining up in a no huddle is essentially the same as having a huddle if you do it properly. you still have the same amount of time to snap the ball in a no huddle as you normally do, the main advantage is that you dont allow the defense to know when you are going to snap the ball so they cannot substitute on defense. those guys were last in time of possession because yhey ran a hurry up offense--NOT a no huddle offense. there is a difference.....

thats where your argument is severely flawed. lining up in a no huddle is essentially the same as having a huddle if you do it properly. you still have the same amount of time to snap the ball in a no huddle as you normally do, the main advantage is that you dont allow the defense to know when you are going to snap the ball so they cannot substitute on defense. those guys were last in time of possession because yhey ran a hurry up offense--NOT a no huddle offense. there is a difference.....

OU, UT, Tulsa, Tech all have run it with success!

Well there you go, we'd better do it because a few teams run it with success. Didn't a few teams run the WCO with success? Isn't this why Clownahan was brought in here? Just because it works some places doesn't mean it will fit here. Everyone's running the spread now, so we'd better just hop right on that bandwaggon as well.