articles covering...

seems like last year at this point we were getting a steady dose of articles about how much leaner and fit and lighter the players seemed to be from the Big10 mentality the other staff had...I realize most of the players are finding their bodies consistent now that the 'new' conditioning has been in place for over a year and half now, but I still think it would be nice to see something from reporters who have access with the players to tell us how they see them getting bigger, leaner, or by specific position, etc...

any thoughts about expectations on their improvements? (i.e. how castille dropped 20 lbs last year)

seems like last year at this point we were getting a steady dose of articles about how much leaner and fit and lighter the players seemed to be from the Big10 mentality the other staff had...I realize most of the players are finding their bodies consistent now that the 'new' conditioning has been in place for over a year and half now, but I still think it would be nice to see something from reporters who have access with the players to tell us how they see them getting bigger, leaner, or by specific position, etc...

any thoughts about expectations on their improvements? (i.e. how castille dropped 20 lbs last year)

Here is an article about the off season program this year.

Competition part of winter work

I expect the team to be lean and in great shape this year given it will have been about 2 years in the training system for these guys.

Bo came straight from the SEC where everybody can't stop talking about their damn speed. Bo is bringing that type of play up to the B12. They do play speedy defense down there without question, so it will be great to see a team in the B12 manage that.

I expect the team to be lean and in great shape this year given it will have been about 2 years in the training system for these guys.

Bo came straight from the SEC where everybody can't stop talking about their damn speed. Bo is bringing that type of play up to the B12. They do play speedy defense down there without question, so it will be great to see a team in the B12 manage that.

We won't have that kind of speed overnight...hate to bust your bubble, that will have to be recruited in. What we have now is only so fast...I would say that it will take a good 3 more years at least, depending on how he recruits IF that is what he is really going towards. It is all about recruiting, and making that type of recruit believe that is where we are going.

They train for speed in the SEC. I read an article on Florida's training methods, and its crazy how much speed work they do. They also have a ton of high tech equipment they use, that is used by world class sprinters.

We won't have that kind of speed overnight...hate to bust your bubble, that will have to be recruited in. What we have now is only so fast...I would say that it will take a good 3 more years at least, depending on how he recruits IF that is what he is really going towards. It is all about recruiting, and making that type of recruit believe that is where we are going.

That's why I said Bo is bringing that type of play to the B12, meaning all the pieces aren't here quite yet. :thumbs

The team will still be in great shape though. I have faith in the training program.