12th game proposals!!

I think you go for a big game that can get us on national television. That way we wont have to pay some team to come to play us and we can go home and home. Im not afraid of playing road games, and if we get beat, we get beat. Im thinking some good regional rivalries could be Iowa or possibly Notre Dame again. That would make for an interesting situation. Newcomers from the NFL going at it in college.

I agree on getting a west coast team scheduled that will get covered on television. Many stations only do regional coverage and its tough sometimes for the Huskers to get TV exposure on the west coast. By dong this as one poster mentioned it would provide exposure to west coast recruits. I think its a good idea.

My guess is it will be a directional school. Home game with no obligations to travel. Money in the bank and it is needed to finish the upgrades. Another year or two we can play the big boys. We have a very tough schedule next year, we need some creampuffs.

Commissioner Kevin Weiberg's Statement on 12th Regular Season Football Game Addition

We are very pleased that the NCAA Board of Directors passed legislation today permitting a 12th regular-season football game on an annual basis for Division I-A beginning in 2006. As co-sponsors of this legislation, we worked hard for its passage. The regular-season is very important to college football and this allows for greater flexibility in scheduling and uniformity in the annual number of games without expanding the length of the season. It is a sensible way to provide a broad economic benefit to all of Division I football.

- Kevin Weiberg, Commissioner, Big 12 Conference

I think a home game is mandatory, but that means NU will have to shell out some green to get a team in here. How about Virginia or a team like that. I think recruiting has to be a their minds all the time, in every decision they make. Maybe Georgia Tech. UCLA is possible. What about Stanford.

Seems hypocritical to me, NCAA saying that there cannot be a Div I playoff because it lengthens the season, but then it can add a 12th game?? :wtf

What a bunch of garbage.

1 game << 7 games (given an 8 team playoff)

No, it's not that hypocritical really. Besides, I believe playing a game earlier in the year as opposed to later takes some pressure off the players having to play a game later in the season around finals time.