Any KC Royals fans?

Just seeing if there are any KC Royals fans on the board. I am really excited about this year. We have a darn good pitching staff and adding Coco Crisp was a great plus.

Last night pitcher Zack Greinke looked really strong striking out 7 against the Chicago Sox. Home grown (Husker) Alex Gordon went 1 for 3 and a walk. Today we end the series against the Sox and then it's back home to face the struggling Yankees.

Yes it was nice to see the Royals finish somewhere other than the bottom of the division last year. The Royals are about the only professional team I track, in any sport....so needless to say it has been a rough ride and hopfully we'll pull out of it soon. It looked that way back in the late 90s with Sweeney, Dye, Beltran and Damon in the lineup, then the small market syndrone took effect and we had to sell.

BTW Trey Hillman lives about 8 miles north of me up in Liberty Hill....I didn't know that until they did a local story on him before spring training.

i am a fan. Will be there tomorrow for the home opener and hopefully more (my bro has season tickets). If davies can keep it up KC will have a real good 1-2-3 combo. Just hope the hitting catches up with the pitching...

I agree. We got some great pitchers in Greinke, Davies, and Meche. They are all young and are doing well so far. Our batting DOES need ti improve. We are getting good hits but we are leaving way too many on base!

i am a fan. Will be there tomorrow for the home opener and hopefully more (my bro has season tickets). If davies can keep it up KC will have a real good 1-2-3 combo. Just hope the hitting catches up with the pitching...

I agree. We got some great pitchers in Greinke, Davies, and Meche. They are all young and are doing well so far. Our batting DOES need ti improve. We are getting good hits but we are leaving way too many on base!

Yes, I'm a Royals fan. I was just discussing those three with my friend today. We do have concers about Ponson and Ramirez but maybe they will surprise us.

I was really happy with the addition of Jacobs in the off season. Now if Gordon and Butler can get in the zone the lineup could have some pop in it.

Part Royals Fan here... Is that okay?

Pretty big Braves fan... I remember Chipper Jones' rookie year and instantly fell in love with him and the rest of the Braves

But I've been to a few games in KC... so naturally I kind of became attached to them, and I try to keep tabs on how they are doing every year...

Pretty much same situation for me. My dad was a Braves fan and they were always on so I immediately became attached. KC became my "AL" team because of their proximity.

Part Royals Fan here... Is that okay?

Pretty big Braves fan... I remember Chipper Jones' rookie year and instantly fell in love with him and the rest of the Braves

But I've been to a few games in KC... so naturally I kind of became attached to them, and I try to keep tabs on how they are doing every year...

Pretty much same situation for me. My dad was a Braves fan and they were always on so I immediately became attached. KC became my "AL" team because of their proximity.

Different situation here...Mom is a huge Braves fan, so much that everytime they were on tv when I was growing up, we were watching them. I got fed up with watching them constantly and lost a lot of interest in the Braves, so I decided to pick a new team, but ended up picking two teams, one in each league. I decided to go with the two most pathetic teams (in terms of years without a title at the time), so now I'm a Red Sox & Cubs fan.

• 2 weeks later...