Latravis Washington

long story short.

Out of high school where he actually played quarterback, he was recruited by some big time programs. Ohio State and West Virginia both wanted him as a qb... supposedly. The hs offense was option based, so he hasn't spent much time passing the ball.

When he got here, he was put on defense to play lb. he wasn't cracking the depth chart there, played sparingly on special teams...

They suggested it before spring practice that he make the move to qb, and he decided he was willing to do it.

reports are he throws the hardest ball out of all the qbs but lacks accuracy. expect to see a lot of vanilla play calling for him in the spring game, and a lot of running plays. I am going to guess he is going to be paired up with Castille to make the teams a little more even.

long story short.

Out of high school where he actually played quarterback, he was recruited by some big time programs. Ohio State and West Virginia both wanted him as a qb... supposedly. The hs offense was option based, so he hasn't spent much time passing the ball.

When he got here, he was put on defense to play lb. he wasn't cracking the depth chart there, played sparingly on special teams...

They suggested it before spring practice that he make the move to qb, and he decided he was willing to do it.

reports are he throws the hardest ball out of all the qbs but lacks accuracy. expect to see a lot of vanilla play calling for him in the spring game, and a lot of running plays. I am going to guess he is going to be paired up with Castille to make the teams a little more even.

i think watson can do enough to help get his throwing mechanics better though.

long story short.

supposedly OSU was recruiting him telling him he had a "chance" to play QB, but would eventually be moved to saftey... from what i read... kinda like what we're doing with martinez.

The most annoying part of the green jerseys is that all the designed QB runs pretty much go out the window. Since the zone read is probably going to be a fairly big part of our offense this year, it sucks we probably won't even see it run in the spring game. That and the option.