Curenski Gilleylen

You might remember him burning the White defense last spring for a 77-yard TD catch. He went on to finish the season with 2 catches for 11 yards. Is he going to have a breakout season this year or he is just going to end up a perennial backup type like Chris Brooks? Anyone heard how he's progressing?

You might remember him burning the White defense last spring for a 77-yard TD catch. He went on to finish the season with 2 catches for 11 yards. Is he going to have a breakout season this year or he is just going to end up a perennial backup type like Chris Brooks? Anyone heard how he's progressing?

I don't know how he's progressing this year but I remember passes careening off his hands last year like he was the second coming of Frantz Hardy.

I don't know how he's progressing this year but I remember passes careening off his hands last year like he was the second coming of Frantz Hardy.

Damn you for reminding me of that kid :rollin

Rivals did a cool article on Gilleylen and said that his spring practice has been going very well and that he should be a key contributor this year. But, naturally we'll have to wait and see since he was quiet following last years spring game.

So he caught 2 outta 3 in his freshman season. Doesn't sound too concerning to me.

One for 5 yards, one for 6 yards, and a dropped pass that should be caught by anyone with a DI scholarship. I'm not trying to be down on him, I just haven't been impressed yet.

Hope you didn't watch the '83 Orange Bowl then when the #1 pick in the NFL draft dropped a WIDE open touchdown pass that would've won the game. Every receiver drops passes, especially when nerves are running high (that was one of the Cures first games).