Tim Marlowe

Our next punt returner? This guy was flat out amazing in the 2nd half!

Also a little surprised he didn't get more plays at WR, but for now I think we've found the replacement for Swift. The only other guys I think would be considered are Niles Paul and Antonio Bell

I saw film of Marlowe in high school returning punts and personally I think that's why Bo gave him a scholly.

Marlowe has the potential to be a true homerun threat in the punt return game.

i saw his punt return in the second half of the game from the south endzone and lets say that his more swift than a bat at night

:wtf ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Did you mean he's more swift? Didn't know if you were trying to compare him to Nate Swift in some language I didn't understand.

Does everyone remember the anti-Bo people when Bo came in and gave Marlowe a scholly? They were really griping saying the kid was walk-on caliber.

Same thing was said about TO offering Kreikmeier. He's making moves also.

Both of these kids have shown flashes this spring.

Does everyone remember the anti-Bo people when Bo came in and gave Marlowe a scholly? They were really griping saying the kid was walk-on caliber.

True. But those doing the griping were doing so for different reasons.

For Marlowe, it was his lack of height and the thought that maybe he was being recruited as a DB. I saw film of Marlowe and instantly knew that he could be a superstar as a punt / kick returner.

For Kriekmeier, it was the fact that almost nobody knew anything about him, he played in class C-2 and was a second team C-2 selection at that...at least that's what my memory is telling me.

I think a lot of the criticism was that a scholarship was offered to both kids and they more than likely would have walked on, on their own dime and allowed the Huskers to pursue a couple of other scholarship athletes. Nobody likes the feeling that they overpaid for something, and getting these 2 athletes for Husker fans was essentially no different. I won't argue with the fact that both have shown flashes of being special players and may be solid contributors for the next 4 years. I hope they both have excellent careers as Huskers.

I think a lot of the criticism was that a scholarship was offered to both kids and they more than likely would have walked on, on their own dime and allowed the Huskers to pursue a couple of other scholarship athletes. Nobody likes the feeling that they overpaid for something, and getting these 2 athletes for Husker fans was essentially no different. I won't argue with the fact that both have shown flashes of being special players and may be solid contributors for the next 4 years. I hope they both have excellent careers as Huskers.

:yeah

I honestly don't remember Marlowe's recruiting. But I recall Micah being pointed out to TO by his HSScoach who had some previous connection with TO. This is the kind of relationship NU coaches of the past had with Nebraska high school coaches, that is, they would often tip off the husker staff to guys flying under the radar like this. as to if he would have walked on, who knows, maybe he would have gone JUCO, Div II, but the payoff on taking a chance like this for Osborne was in reestablishing NU's relationship to HS coaches in the state, plus, it's my understanding, the the AD has had some experience in talent evaluation at some time in his past.

I honestly don't remember Marlowe's recruiting. But I recall Micah being pointed out to TO by his HSScoach who had some previous connection with TO. This is the kind of relationship NU coaches of the past had with Nebraska high school coaches, that is, they would often tip off the husker staff to guys flying under the radar like this. as to if he would have walked on, who knows, maybe he would have gone JUCO, Div II, but the payoff on taking a chance like this for Osborne was in reestablishing NU's relationship to HS coaches in the state, plus, it's my understanding, the the AD has had some experience in talent evaluation at some time in his past.

I love subtle sarcasm!!