My First trip to Lincoln

Last week we spent 4 nights in Lincoln for gymnastics National Championships. This was the first trip to Lincoln for both my wife and I. We were VERY impressed. Here are some thoughts:

First, I was blown away by your football facilities. Unlike many bowls around the country that are dug into the ground, Memorial Stadium looks like a football stadium from the outside. It is large and commands respect. I love the quotes and signs above the entrances and on the outside. We went into the doors and peer'd into your weight room, and we were very impressed. Your facilties are great. We went into the stadium to take picture when it was empty, then again when it was full for the game. It doesn't feel as big as it is. When we were at the big house we kept saying that is seemed so far to the other side of the stadium and noise seemed to go out the top. You stadium does not have this problem and was much better designed.

I also must give a lot of credit to Nebraska fans for being VERY smart sports fans. Evereywhere we went we ran into people who knew about Utah football and even about the fact gymnastics was in town. We got lots of questions about how next year's football team looked. We got lots of questions about how the gymnastics team was preforming. And we got no negative comments demeaning our school or it's accomplishments. We were very gratefule and impressed.

I wore my "I Hate the SEC" t-shirt all around campus and people thought it was very funny. There were some players walking out of the weight room on Friday when we were there who saw the shirt and really apprechiated it. Also, when the SEC fans started the "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant friday night at the gymnastics championships, Utah fans responded with the "Sugar Bowl, Sugar Bowl" chant which was very effective at stopping the first cheer. That was reported in a local newspaper Saturday morning and again many of your fans told us how funny they thought that was.

What is there to say about having 78,000 at your spring game besides wow? That was a very impressive environment for a spring practice. Sadly, we had to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter for other obligations, but it was a great experience. The weather was perfect and we even got a little sunburnt.

It was also refreshing to know football stadiums everywhere are full fot he same guy. The guy behind us seemed upset about all offensive calls and was ready to fire the OC at one point. It was funny, because I sit near that guy in Salt Lake. We went 13-0 last season and won the Sugar Bowl and we still had people calling for our OC's head.

It was a very good weekend and we had a great time. Thank you to Husker Nation for being great hosts. And as a Utah fan we always will feel at home in a see of Red. Sometime I hope to be able to see a game weekend in Lincoln

"What is a 'Ute?'" Sorry had to say it. Glad you had a good time in Lincoln, and didn't have any unpleasant experiences with the fan base. I too truly hope you can catch a game sometime in the upcoming season. Good luck to Utah this season, and congrats on the undefeated season. Don't matter who you are, going undefeated is something to be proud of, especially capping it off with a win against the SEC!!

I forgot to mention: we were not prepared for how attractive the women of Lincoln were. There are few places we visit that I say that about. I'm not s fan of sothern women, and I think California women are nothing but what we have with fake parts.

But, the women of Lincoln were collectivly very attractive. Congratulations on that :cheers

I forgot to mention: we were not prepared for how attractive the women of Lincoln were. There are few places we visit that I say that about. I'm not s fan of sothern women, and I think California women are nothing but what we have with fake parts.

But, the women of Lincoln were collectivly very attractive. Congratulations on that :cheers

Whoa now. What's not to love about a southern belle?

QUOTE(Utahutesfan @ Apr 21 2009, 05:24 PM)

But, the women of Lincoln were collectivly very attractive. Congratulations on that

Yeah really. Did you not get a good look at the back to back to back to back to back National Champion Gym Dogs? Definetely some cuties on that squad.

Seeing her tooth when she smiles... :LOLtartar

Wow! Game, set, match.

Score one for Jen!!

Wow... :clap ...credit where credit's due. Although my girlfriend wouldn't like that too much.

QUOTE(killer cacti @ Apr 21 2009, 03:32 PM)

QUOTE(Utahutesfan @ Apr 21 2009, 05:24 PM)

But, the women of Lincoln were collectivly very attractive. Congratulations on that

Seeing her tooth when she smiles...

I really have to question one's beauty perception when they have a "The Legend of The Seeker" quote as their signature. :box And for the record, I only date Southern girls who have at least two front teeth intact!