Is Nebraska considered Yankee?

No, yankees are parts of Maryland, all of Pennsylvania & north. Ya'll are midwesterners. Texans are not southerners, and neither are Floridians.

The south is comprised of SC, NC, GA, Bama, Miss, LA, Tenn, Virginia, WV, Kentucky.

The north (yankees) are parts of Maryland, Penn, NY, NJ, RI, Delaware, NH, Vermont, Maine, Conn, & Florida (there are more yankees there than ever)

I didn't realize being a Yankee was bad thing now, after all we are the asskickers in this country. :box

Though I was born and raised out in the mid-west, I'd have to consider myself a Yankee. I know my brother does, he lives in Concord NC.

Bandwagon jumper. At least we have the women. :)

Bandwagon jumper? Hell I now live in the northeast. And as far as the women, while it's true southern women in general have a more cordial attitude. By no means do you have a monopoly on babes.

Well yeah, but I wouldn't turn into a Japanese man by moving to Tokyo.

So moving to the northeast doesn't make you a yankee.

My general understanding is that anyone who lives north of the Mason-Dixon line is considered to be a yankee.

And, for those of you who have never been to the south, whoa nelly, let me tell you there are still people there, to this day who hate the north and all yankees.

Quick story:

I was stationed at Ft. Polk, now the JRTC, in the early '90's and my friend and I were on our way to a Tesla concert in Baton Rouge when he had to stop at one of his friends house, who wasn't military, to buy some herb. Anyway, the Louisiana fella asks me where I was from and I told him Nebraska. He looked at me, in kind of a disgusted way, rolled his eyes and said, "great, a yankee." I replied in my usual smart ass way, "Awww, you still pissed caused we kicked your ass in the Civil War?" I seriously thought he was going to beat the crap out of me. I realized then that I had really offended him so I apologized and said, "sorry, it's not usually my custom to insult my host." He accepted my apology and my friend and I decided it was time to go.

On the way to Baton Rouge we had a good laugh over it but man...there are still people in the south where you do not joke about the Civil War.

:dumdum

:LOLtartar

I've heard a lot of this myself, and not only from Texans. Why are people so obsessed with labeling everyone? I was born in Neb. And raised all over the U.S. North and south, and both coasts. And I can tell you, people really aren't as different as you might think. In most cases, they are only as different as you perceive them to be.

"There can be hope only for a society which acts as one big family, not as many separate ones." - Anwar Sadat

I've heard a lot of this myself, and not only from Texans. Why are people so obsessed with labeling everyone? I was born in Neb. And raised all over the U.S. North and south, and both coasts. And I can tell you, people really aren't as different as you might think. In most cases, they are only as different as you perceive them to be.

"There can be hope only for a society which acts as one big family, not as many separate ones." - Anwar Sadat

:woo could not agree more! Well said.

No, yankees are parts of Maryland, all of Pennsylvania & north. Ya'll are midwesterners. Texans are not southerners, and neither are Floridians.

The south is comprised of SC, NC, GA, Bama, Miss, LA, Tenn, Virginia, WV, Kentucky.

The north (yankees) are parts of Maryland, Penn, NY, NJ, RI, Delaware, NH, Vermont, Maine, Conn, & Florida (there are more yankees there than ever)

I didn't realize being a Yankee was bad thing now, after all we are the asskickers in this country. :box

Though I was born and raised out in the mid-west, I'd have to consider myself a Yankee. I know my brother does, he lives in Concord NC.

Bandwagon jumper? Hell I now live in the northeast. And as far as the women, while it's true southern women in general have a more cordial attitude. By no means do you have a monopoly on babes.

Okay, still being born and raised in the mid west and then residing in Pennsylvania still would make me a yankee. Again going by my southern brother's definition.

Okay, still being born and raised in the mid west and then residing in Pennsylvania still would make me a yankee. Again going by my southern brother's definition.

Fair enough.

I'm born and bred Husker form the evil town of Omaha. We vaction in Texas often, I have several friends from TX and some who have moved there. IMO there aren't 2 groups of people more alike than Texans and Nebraskans. We both have a rural/urban split, a strong conservative beleif in indivualism and undieing love of football (though, ya'll a lot more crazy bout high school football than we are).

In all likelyhood, I'll probaly retire there because I like the ocean, the people and the idea that the legilature has to vote every year to remain in the union (don't never take nothing for granted).

I had lived the majority of my life in Nebraska, and have been in Austin, for the last five years. Austin is a great city it is a melting pot of people from all over the country. Granted I have offended my share of my neighbors as I insist on flying my Husker flag on game day, and hang out with all my Husker buddies at the watch parties.

I have never been called a "Yankee," I consider myself a Husker before I consider myself anything else!! :restore

regional pride is stupid. how can you be proud of something that happened by accident?

Actually, it's pretty normal. I'm annoyed by every a-hole who is convinced that every place else is better. IE "Nebraska sucks, there's nothing to do here". Listen I've traveled all over the country, and some of the world and every idiot who is too lazy too get off their a** and just enjoy what they have will complain about what they supposedly don't have. Ultimately, being proud of where your from is a pretty healthy attitude.

True. Pride is poison (see first commandment).

I don't think most people credit themselves for where they live so much as take pride in said place, people etc. IE I love my country, I am extremely proud of what we as a nation have accomplished in our short time among the brotherhodd of nations and though my family has served this nation since before it was one I don't see myself a haivng had a lot to do with its success. Pride in self is the true sin, to hold oneself above another is to delude oneself to the point of hidious consequence (see WW II, slavery, Rwanda, Darfur etc).