Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

I've done some digging and here is what I found:

1. There is no such thing as "Statutory Rape" in Nebraska.

2. The definition that was given is as follows:

"First-degree sexual assault for a person age 19 or older to sexually penetrate a person under age 16."

3. Sexual assault may be defined as any non-consensual sexual touching. This definition of sexual assault envelopes a range of assaults that include:

Unwanted kissing

Lewd touching

Other unwanted sexual contact

Examples of more flagrant varieties of sexual assault include:

Rape

Incest

Child molestation

Aggravated rape

Sexual assault victims experience distressing and excruciating ordeals. It can be difficult to pursue justice after being sexually assaulted, as the victims are forced to disclose personal and traumatic events that can be difficult to relive.

4. The male is 19 years of age and older.

5. The female has not yet reached the age of 16.

6. This also sounds like it is only intended to deal with perpatrators who are male. Consequently, the older female who has sexual relations with an under age male gets away scott free.

7. It also sounds like violence or mental anguish must be involved.

As far as I am concerned if there is that if the victim has, "experienced a distressing and excruciating ordeal" then that is quite simply rape and the person derserves to go to jail.

Quite frankly I can not imagine that in these circumstances, where there was an assault that included violence and penetration that the University, Coach Osborne, and Coach Pelini would have anything to do with any type of coverup. There are 20 to 30 thousand students at UNL and their parents, including me, have to be secure in the knowledge that they have a safe campus.

T_O_B

"First-degree sexual assault for a person age 19 or older to sexually penetrate a person under age 16."

3. Sexual assault may be defined as any non-consensual sexual touching. This definition of sexual assault envelopes a range of assaults that include:

Unwanted kissing

Lewd touching

Rape

Incest

Child molestation

Aggravated rape

Sexual assault victims experience distressing and excruciating ordeals. It can be difficult to pursue justice after being sexually assaulted, as the victims are forced to disclose personal and traumatic events that can be difficult to relive.

6. This also sounds like it is only intended to deal with perpatrators who are male. Consequently, the older female who has sexual relations with an under age male gets away scott free.

As far as I am concerned if there is that if the victim has, "experienced a distressing and excruciating ordeal" then that is quite simply rape and the person derserves to go to jail.

Quite frankly I can not imagine that in these circumstances, where there was an assault that included violence and penetration that the University, Coach Osborne, and Coach Pelini would have anything to do with any type of coverup. There are 20 to 30 thousand students at UNL and their parents, including me, have to be secure in the knowledge that they have a safe campus.

T_O_B

Sorry but I don't think you really have your facts straight here. First off statutory rape is real in the state of Nebraska. Secondly Sexual intercourse with someone under the age of 16 consensual or not constitutes statutory rape. All this stuff you mention about violence and assault is not necessary to charge someone with statutory rape (sexual assault). Yes statutory rape is deemed as sexual assault when charged but it is not similar to those other forms of sexual assault. Finally that whole sentence about females getting off scott free is a load of crap http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/0...b0767027859.txt

Unwanted kissing

Lewd touching

Rape

Incest

Child molestation

Aggravated rape

T_O_B

Sorry but I don't think you really have your facts straight here. First off statutory rape is real in the state of Nebraska. Secondly Sexual intercourse with someone under the age of 16 consensual or not constitutes statutory rape. All this stuff you mention about violence and assault is not necessary to charge someone with statutory rape (sexual assault). Yes statutory rape is deemed as sexual assault when charged but it is not similar to those other forms of sexual assault. Finally that whole sentence about females getting off scott free is a load of crap http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/0...b0767027859.txt

Seems to me that when the law requires "penetration" that excludes females.

You need to read the law b-pants.

Unwanted kissing

Lewd touching

Rape

Incest

Child molestation

Aggravated rape

T_O_B

I need to read the law? This coming from the same guy who told me I should be arrested for libel based on malice aforethought. Here's a suggestion friend, please don't ever take a career in law.

Ugh, I'd rather not explain to you how sex works but when an underage boy "penetrates" an older women you have statutory rape.

I'll agree that law is more tailored to men you can't honestly think women are immune to statutory rape laws.

I'm sure though the teacher in Omaha that was arrested for having sex with her students would love if courts carried your same interpretation of the law.

Unwanted kissing

Lewd touching

Rape

Incest

Child molestation

Aggravated rape

T_O_B

I need to read the law? This coming from the same guy who told me I should be arrested for libel based on malice aforethought. Here's a suggestion friend, please don't ever take a career in law.

Ugh, I'd rather not explain to you how sex works but when an underage boy "penetrates" an older women you have statutory rape.

I'll agree that law is more tailored to men you can't honestly think women are immune to statutory rape laws.

I'm sure though the teacher in Omaha that was arrested for having sex with her students would love if courts carried your same interpretation of the law.

You need to go back and read the posts. At no time did use the word arrest, as amatter of fact cival suits do not utilize arrests.

T_O_B

Unwanted kissing

Lewd touching

Rape

Incest

Child molestation

Aggravated rape

T_O_B

You need to go back and read the posts. At no time did use the word arrest, as amatter of fact cival suits do not utilize arrests.

T_O_B

Whatever you said charged with libel, whats your point? None of this still changes the fact you said that statutory rape laws don't apply to women. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

I'm sorry but it just bugs when someone that doesn't understand the laws tells me I need to reread them.