Nebraska desires reason to celebrate...again

The fact that this guy referred to Larry the Cable Guy as "one of the country's hottest stand-up comedians" shows that he has no idea what he is talking about.

Larry The Cable Guy, despite what you think of him, is one of the most bankable comedians touring today-but I digress.

To the point of what the writer from the Tulsa papaer said...

He really didn't say anything. He's basing his entire thought process on the fact that Nebraska doesn't have a returning starter at QB. And, while a returning starter at QB is certainly beneficial to a degree, it is but a small component to determining how a team does in the upcoming season.

In my opinion, a much better guage of performance for the following season is to examine the returning starters along the interior offensive and defensive lines. An inexperienced QB working behind a veteran OL can usually look pretty good; whereas an experienced QB working behind an inexperienced line can falter just a bit. Interestingly enough, Oklahoma returns their starter at QB but lost four of their five starting OL to the NFL/graduation...so we'll see if my theory holds true.

If that's your picture Jen then you are not only a "Babe" but you know your football. Sorry to make a non politacally correct statement but "Babe" is a complement of the highest regard in my meager vocabulay.

Three things that make good football teams are the OL, the DL and the backups to the OL and DL.

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:bonez

QUOTE(UGAHusker @ Apr 29 2009, 03:22 PM)

The fact that this guy referred to Larry the Cable Guy as "one of the country's hottest stand-up comedians" shows that he has no idea what he is talking about.

Like him or not, he is. I don't think he's incredibly funny, but I don't mind him being a Husker fan.

I do. It makes the Nation look bad. As I said before, Larry David, not Larry the Cable Guy.

Larry The Cable Guy, despite what you think of him, is one of the most bankable comedians touring today-but I digress.

To the point of what the writer from the Tulsa papaer said...

He really didn't say anything. He's basing his entire thought process on the fact that Nebraska doesn't have a returning starter at QB. And, while a returning starter at QB is certainly beneficial to a degree, it is but a small component to determining how a team does in the upcoming season.

In my opinion, a much better guage of performance for the following season is to examine the returning starters along the interior offensive and defensive lines. An inexperienced QB working behind a veteran OL can usually look pretty good; whereas an experienced QB working behind an inexperienced line can falter just a bit. Interestingly enough, Oklahoma returns their starter at QB but lost four of their five starting OL to the NFL/graduation...so we'll see if my theory holds true.

Nice post oh one that is slight of hips.

Thank you. You know your football. That primary you stated about Oklahoma is the reason i think the OU-NU game is going to be better than it was last year. We have a returning starter at DT and a semi-experienced DL with a talented LB corps behind that. I see no reason, cept for maybe our offense not clicking, to see this as a good game.

If that's your picture Jen then you are not only a "Babe" but you know your football. Sorry to make a non politacally correct statement but "Babe" is a complement of the highest regard in my meager vocabulay.

Three things that make good football teams are the OL, the DL and the backups to the OL and DL.

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:bonez

You mean the pic in my avatar? No...that's not me...I wish it was... :laughpound

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ugly by any stretch but I am pushing 40.

The woman in my avatar is the same one who is in the photo in my sig line...her name is Jessica Marais. (And in my humble opinion she is a babe and a half.)