Ganz rockin it Redskin Style!

But when Joe had 1 team offer a 3 day try out and Chase had 4 teams offer signing bonuses and 2 year contracts, that says a little something. Both had tape, both had pro days, both had workouts. Only 1 got offers.

You essentially echoed my thoughts on this matter...

A player who receives a contract will, in about 99% of the cases, make the roster, at least until fall camp, over a player who has no contract-even if the non-contracted player is slightly better.

It sucks for Ganz but that's the idiocy of the NFL.

It is a lot about politics too for the football teams. The front office does not want to look bad by cutting a guy they gave a contract to over a guy that was just an invitie to the workout. Same goes for draft picks, the higher the draft pick the better chance that they will stay for longer than a lower draft pick, even if they are equal or of the lower one is better.

that maybe true when it comes to 53 man rosters. But rarely in the case of the 80 man roster they take to camp. Infact most team will try to use those extra spots to grab up any talent they believe could make the roster. In Joe's case the Redskins added players after their free agent tryouts, just not Ganz.

I heard Ganz more than made up for it during a spirited game of Red Rover, Red Rover.

He also dominated during the round of Duck, Duck, Goose. :dumdum

To the point about Ganz versus Daniel and making the roster: Chase already has a contract and Joe doesn't. This means in order to make the Redskins roster he would have to out-perform Daniel by a considerable margin. Based on what I've read on the two respective QB's thus far it sounds like Joe Ganz is the better of the two. However, given the nature of the NFL and the often times numbers game I have to say I think it will be almost impossible for Ganz to stick with the Redskins even though he is currently out-performing Daniel.

I would have to agree. Daniel has a 2 year contract with the Skins so it will be a long shot at best.

What's crazy is when a college QB impresses scouts and teams during workouts just throwing in shorts and t-shirt in sunny weather, and no Ray Lewis blitzing. Which explains how a guy like Stafford that needed his senior year to improve, jump up from second/third round to #1 pick. And its how Mark Sanchez moved up the board, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, Kyle Boller, etc.

Although I do think Sanchez will do decent. Good luck to Joe & Chase. They had good college careers, nothing to be ashamed of.

What's crazy is when a college QB impresses scouts and teams during workouts just throwing in shorts and t-shirt in sunny weather, and no Ray Lewis blitzing. Which explains how a guy like Stafford that needed his senior year to improve, jump up from second/third round to #1 pick. And its how Mark Sanchez moved up the board, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, Kyle Boller, etc.

Although I do think Sanchez will do decent. Good luck to Joe & Chase. They had good college careers, nothing to be ashamed of.

i agree.

It always amazes me how some scouts ignore game film and talk about the 'intangables' & 'physical tools'. I dont care what Josh Freeman physically looks like. I dont care how good he did in shirts and shorts. I dont care that he has the top traits you look for. What I care about is that he constantly made the same mistakes in reading coverages. That he threw alot of balls to the opposing players. That he seems to think that he is Gods gift, even though its clear his game has major flaws. And that even with 2 NFL WRs on his team he was barely better than average. And all of this done in what most would refer to as a down big 12 north

I personally believe he is Ryan Leaf part 2. That is, if he even gets on the field.... <_<