Big 12 Announces TV Schedule

Oh, and if Virginia Tech beats Bama earlier in the season, there's about a 70% chance Gameday will be in Blacksburg.

What other games are on tap that day?

West Virginia at Auburn

Michigan State at Notre Dame

Utah at Oregon

USC at Washington

Tennessee at Florida and........................

Furman at Missouri :lol: !

I betchya they go to UF.

Yeah, if VT beats Bama they'll be ranked around #5 and Nebraska should be around #20. Notre Dame and Michigan State would both be in the 20-25 range (if ND can beat Michigan), and ESPN wouldn't be crazy about supporting an NBC game anyway. The only other real possibility is Utah at Oregon, with the storyline being "nation's longest win streak goes into hostile Autzen Stadium", but I just don't see those schools having the national appeal of Nebraska-VT.

They certainly won't go to UF... Tennessee was 5-7 last year and things might bet worse before they get better.

Actually, I think there is a very good chance that they'll go to Gainesville. See, the Tennessee Volunteer football team now has a head coach named Lane Kiffin who has been saying some rude things about the entire SEC, and Florida's coach, Urban Meyer, in particular. You may or may not have heard about this. The storylines are too much to pass up.

Actually, I think there is a very good chance that they'll go to Gainesville. See, the Tennessee Volunteer football team now has a head coach named Lane Kiffin who has been saying some rude things about the entire SEC, and Florida's coach, Urban Meyer, in particular. You may or may not have heard about this. The storylines are too much to pass up.

Sure, if you think the SEC is the center of the college football universe. Oh wait, this is ESPN we're talking about, they DO feel that way! Sorry Husker fans, maybe next year! :espnsucks:

Oh, and if Virginia Tech beats Bama earlier in the season, there's about a 70% chance Gameday will be in Blacksburg.

What other games are on tap that day?

West Virginia at Auburn

Michigan State at Notre Dame

Utah at Oregon

USC at Washington

Tennessee at Florida and........................

Furman at Missouri :lol: !

I betchya they go to UF.

Yeah, if VT beats Bama they'll be ranked around #5 and Nebraska should be around #20. Notre Dame and Michigan State would both be in the 20-25 range (if ND can beat Michigan), and ESPN wouldn't be crazy about supporting an NBC game anyway. The only other real possibility is Utah at Oregon, with the storyline being "nation's longest win streak goes into hostile Autzen Stadium", but I just don't see those schools having the national appeal of Nebraska-VT.

They certainly won't go to UF... Tennessee was 5-7 last year and things might bet worse before they get better.

Yeah unless Tennessee gets off to a rocky start I bet they go to Gainseville. They don't want to miss it especially with all the things Kiffin has said. It would be sweet though if they do end up going to Blacksburg

Lane Kiffin talking sh#t doesn't make his 5-7 team respectable. If Howard Schnellenberger started talking sh#t about Bo, would our season opener suddenly become nationally important? No. Even if Tennessee gets by UCLA, they won't be ranked (or even close to it) going into Gainesville. The #1 team at home against a team not even sniffing the top 25 doesn't compare to # 20 Nebraska (9-4) vs. #5 VT (10-4). And you look at last year's match-ups, NU-VT was a great game, while Florida stomped Tennessee 30-6 in Knoxville. Then add the fact that UF-Tenn is on CBS, and there are way too many factors counting against it.

This is all silly to argue, of course, but it's June... what else are we gonna do?

Lane Kiffin talking sh#t doesn't make his 5-7 team respectable. If Howard Schnellenberger started talking sh#t about Bo, would our season opener suddenly become nationally important? No. Even if Tennessee gets by UCLA, they won't be ranked (or even close to it) going into Gainesville. The #1 team at home against a team not even sniffing the top 25 doesn't compare to # 20 Nebraska (9-4) vs. #5 VT (10-4). And you look at last year's match-ups, NU-VT was a great game, while Florida stomped Tennessee 30-6 in Knoxville. Then add the fact that UF-Tenn is on CBS, and there are way too many factors counting against it.

This is all silly to argue, of course, but it's June... what else are we gonna do?

That'll probably be the deciding factor.

Let's hope the Nebraska @ Virginia Tech game gets picked up...

Yeah, why would they show Duke v. Kansass when NU plays VaTech the same day? Why? Why?

The only time Duke v. Kansas should be on TV is in March.