Nebraska @ Virginia Tech game time set

Nebraska's game against Virginia Tech on Sept. 19 will be televised regionally on ABC at 2:30 p.m. (central), but also will be available to most of the rest of the country on ESPN2.

This is the third Husker game so far that has been picked up by television.

The game at Missouri will be televised by ESPN on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8 p.m. And the post-Thanksgiving game at Colorado will be on ABC at 2:30 p.m. that Friday.

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

Thank God! VT has a ridiculous night game record, so this should help a bit...

like the OP said, I'm glad it isn't a night game (just for the sake of their record)

I think that how an opposing team plays in Blacksburg, their talent level and how well they are prepared has far more of an impact on the outcome of the game than the time it is played.

This game is going to be great! I can only hope that going into it, Lee has shown that he deserves the starting role....not to be a jerk...but most of the time we don't get that great of an idea after the Red/White game.

I know he has a great grasp of the system and understands it well....but so did Witt...and the only thing I remember him doing was allowing New Mexico State to score and giving me a heart attack in the Gator Bowl.

Give me a braek with the whole "night games don't matter" bit. Everyone knows that certain teams create a seemingly invinceable atmosphere at night (ex. VA Tech, LSU). This not being a night game DEFINETLY helps our chances.

Against a top team like NU we have to be prepared for anything. We have lost three home games since 2005 (2005 Miami, 2006 Georgia Tech, and 2007 Boston College). Miami game was at 8pm, GT at 3:30pm, and BC at 7:40pm. So with three home losses over the last 4 seasons two of those have been at night. With a fired-up Husker team I think Lane Stadium will be a nice advantage, but with two strong teams anything's possible....

so, because I live on the West Coast and will not see it on ABC (they will probably show Cal or USC play), I can still see it on ESPN2?

Hope so! As long as it's not blacked out on ESPN2 or anything.

ESPN has the rights to broadcast live NCAA, MLB, NFL and pretty much any other sport. So a black out shouldn't be a problem. Since it will be broadcast regionally on ABC, I'm assuming it's a sell-out and that pretty much renders a black out unnecessary.

so, because I live on the West Coast and will not see it on ABC (they will probably show Cal or USC play), I can still see it on ESPN2?

Hope so! As long as it's not blacked out on ESPN2 or anything.

ESPN has the rights to broadcast live NCAA, MLB, NFL and pretty much any other sport. So a black out shouldn't be a problem. Since it will be broadcast regionally on ABC, I'm assuming it's a sell-out and that pretty much renders a black out unnecessary.

AHHHHHHH!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

:sarcasm

like the OP said, I'm glad it isn't a night game (just for the sake of their record)

I think that how an opposing team plays in Blacksburg, their talent level and how well they are prepared has far more of an impact on the outcome of the game than the time it is played.

I never said that was the BIGGEST factor, or the ONLY factor. I would rather have VT in Lane Stadium earlier rather than later. Like UGA said.

I never said that was the BIGGEST factor, or the ONLY factor. I would rather have VT in Lane Stadium earlier rather than later. Like UGA said.

You should be glad the game isn't Tuesday at 9:45am. Cannot remember last time we lost one of those games. (just messing with you all - it will be a great game no matter the time). :)