2011 QB and Cornerback?

If it is Christian Suntrup you can get some highlights from here: http://www.elitefootball-stl.com/video.html

Rivals is reporting that Suntrup was given an offer by someone......maybe NU?

Yep from NU.

Okay, I was reserving comment on this kid unless NU offered. Now that it has, I have some concerns. I watched his film. Most of it was against one team, so we can see his performance in that game but that's it? IMO, his O line did him no favors because he was scrambling way too much. But his throwing motion looked awkward ala shot-putting too much.....like Keller.

He can scramble in the backfield, but there is very little video of him tucking and running. Is he more of a pocket passer?

I'm not necessarily down on this offer and accede that the coaches know way more than me after seeing Christian up close. I just wish I could see more than one game of this young man.

If it is Christian Suntrup you can get some highlights from here: http://www.elitefootball-stl.com/video.html

Yep from NU.

Okay, I was reserving comment on this kid unless NU offered. Now that it has, I have some concerns. I watched his film. Most of it was against one team, so we can see his performance in that game but that's it? IMO, his O line did him no favors because he was scrambling way too much. But his throwing motion looked awkward ala shot-putting too much.....like Keller.

He can scramble in the backfield, but there is very little video of him tucking and running. Is he more of a pocket passer?

I'm not necessarily down on this offer and accede that the coaches know way more than me after seeing Christian up close. I just wish I could see more than one game of this young man.

There were also a lot of plays where he didn't look that accurate or seem to show a good arm? I don't know, jury is out still I guess.

Yep from NU.

There were also a lot of plays where he didn't look that accurate or seem to show a good arm? I don't know, jury is out still I guess.

Keep in mind this is video for his sophomore year, he has two full years to develop.

Here's a video of some of his longer throws

http://nationalunderclassmen.ning.com/vide...rup-chaminade-1

Video of some game winning drives

http://nationalunderclassmen.ning.com/vide...ntrup-chaminade

Other videos

http://nationalunderclassmen.ning.com/vide...earch?q=suntrup

Yep from NU.

Accuracy and wounded ducks. I'm going to give him a temporary mulligan on those because he was running for his life too many times. Did anyone also notice all the pass interference calls on the other team? They were getting beat regularly and were yanking on receiver's arms to stop a catch.

Tyler Gabberts highlights were also on that site with Suntrups. I watched both (cause i was kinda bored and wanted to see Tyler since i haven't seen much). Tyler's highlights make you feel pretty good that he's committed us, everything I've heard about him being a "gamer" really shows on those highlights.

But about Suntrup... his line looked pretty bad and he had to rush A LOT of throws it looked like, the good thing is he's still young and has a lot of football left. Obviously the coaching staff sees something they love about him though.

Anyone find out about this CB? The 2011 class seems to be getting a lot of talk early with these two, the reeves (sp?) kid, green, and i think i heard about Jay Moore's cousin or something like that in florida who attended school with Anthony Bell

Tyler Gabberts highlights were also on that site with Suntrups. I watched both (cause i was kinda bored and wanted to see Tyler since i haven't seen much). Tyler's highlights make you feel pretty good that he's committed us, everything I've heard about him being a "gamer" really shows on those highlights.

But about Suntrup... his line looked pretty bad and he had to rush A LOT of throws it looked like, the good thing is he's still young and has a lot of football left. Obviously the coaching staff sees something they love about him though.

Anyone find out about this CB? The 2011 class seems to be getting a lot of talk early with these two, the reeves (sp?) kid, green, and i think i heard about Jay Moore's cousin or something like that in florida who attended school with Anthony Bell

Not sure who the DB is, but it looks like NU just offered Kyler Reed's younger brother, Dagan Reed class of 2011. Listed as a RB with 4.53 40.