Green will Redshirt this year IMO. If Lee is as good as I think/hope he will be, Green's shot to start won't be until 2011. Will he stay until then, I think so. I think it comes down to how he feels he stacks up in 2010 to the competition in 2011 for the starting job. If he is the clear cut #2 behind Lee then I don't think it is an issue. If Green knows he will be in a dogfight for the job (like Witt and Lee this year), I still think he stays and competes. Call me crazy but he seems to be a high character kid who isn't afraid to compete. If Green realizes that Gabbert or Spano are better positioned to get the job, well that is when I think we could see him leave. However I think Green will stick it out.

Let me just clarify, you are talking about Cody Green (only two e's) right? If so, I have to say no. If he was that concerned with early playing time, he would have signed with A&M.

I find it sad how NU fans are in constant fear of players defecting if they don't start immediatly, especially at QB. Relax guys not all QBs are the whinny little divas NU has been stradeled with recently. And if Green does decide to leave, so what; there a plenty of athletes that would love to play QB for Nebraska.

Let me just clarify, you are talking about Cody Green (only two e's) right? If so, I have to say no. If he was that concerned with early playing time, he would have signed with A&M.

I find it sad how NU fans are in constant fear of players defecting if they don't start immediatly, especially at QB. Relax guys not all QBs are the whinny little divas NU has been stradeled with recently. And if Green does decide to leave, so what; there a plenty of athletes that would love to play QB for Nebraska.

I understand what you are saying but this question is valid. Kids transfer more often it seems.

I really agree with an above post stating that he would have went to a&m if he was worried about PT and no comp.

I don't think he will transfer. If he doesn't play this year and redshirts I think he will for sure play the year after. It will be good experience for him and by the time Lee graduates I think he will be ready to start.

i don't know..i mean i'd like his chances to play as a rs freshman if we had a zac taylor back there. but zac lee can move a bit.

I don't think he will transfer. If he doesn't play this year and redshirts I think he will for sure play the year after. It will be good experience for him and by the time Lee graduates I think he will be ready to start.

i don't know..i mean i'd like his chances to play as a rs freshman if we had a zac taylor back there. but zac lee can move a bit.

I think he means playing in 2010 as a RFr. as in mop up duty as the backup to Lee. I think so anyway since he said Green will start after Lee leaves, this is what I think also.