Kids committing sooner this year?

is it my imagination or are more kids committing earlier this year? anyone have access to any type of overall stats verifying my suspicion? thanks..............

same thing im thinkin, alot of the big teams already have close to 20 + commitments and its JUST july.. even some of the average schools, it just sucks we only have 5... i expected alot more, but hopefully we will by the end of this summer..

The Texas' of the world always get commits early.. They fill their classes out early etc.. We usually piece together our classes and take more time on kids because we don't have a "home run" recruiting base so the kids are looking at more schools as opposed to being right in our back yard.. If there were 20 stud players in NE our class would be almost done.. Plus, with less scholarships available this year, 5 is a decent amount.. I guess it doesn't seem like they are committing that much earlier to me.. But who knows, maybe?

is it my imagination or are more kids committing earlier this year? anyone have access to any type of overall stats verifying my suspicion? thanks..............

Or, you could do your own research...crazy I know. :wacko:

Go to rivals.com, scout.com, espn, phil steele or any other college football recruiting site, count the commits for each team and lets us know the numbers. Then archive the data and track it, with certain dates being the "check" points and over the years tell us if any trends emerge. You'd probably need to get, at the minimum, a set of data over five years before anything concrete could be stated.

Or, you could do your own research...crazy I know. :wacko:

Go to rivals.com, scout.com, espn, phil steele or any other college football recruiting site, count the commits for each team and lets us know the numbers. Then archive the data and track it, with certain dates being the "check" points and over the years tell us if any trends emerge. You'd probably need to get, at the minimum, a set of data over five years before anything concrete could be stated.

Oh my god, DONT do that research unless you are John Travoltas character in The Bubble Boy and have nothing else to do at all.