S/RB Ricky Thenarse

Player: Ricky Thenarse

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Position: Safety/RB

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 170

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date: Sept. 10, 2005 (Wake Forest)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, USC, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #12/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star (Has him listed as a RB)

Assessing the talent: Super fast with a nasty streak to him. As a junior running back after rushing for 1,234 yards (9.5 yards per carry) and 12 touchdowns. He also added 307 yards and three touchdowns on only 15 receptions. He’s a guy that wants to win and wants to work harder than anyone. His 40 time is legit. He wants to make a decision before fall starts. Most teams want him as a safety.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 70% He wants to escape Los Angeles. He raced against Marlon a couple months in a track meet and they had a good discussion. Even with USC offering, the Huskers have a decent chance at scoring a commitment. It all depends on his visit.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been known for a couple months now that a visit would seal the deal for Thernase as he said so himself on a many of occasions.

Remember Brandon Lafell last year? It was thought also that his visit would seal the deal considering how much he talked about Nebraska and his anticipation towards his visit. He ended up at LSU ;)

Wow, how lame is Rick's coach. Rick wanted to commit to the Huskers tonight but his coach talked him out of it and told him to take all 5 of his visits. Let's hope the coaching staff doesn't loose track of him and keeps on his tail. He should be in the book for NU unless his coach somehow convinces him to go to USC. This is why i don't like coaches who can influence a kids choice towards a certain school just because there are certain people in the school with ties to Alumni :steam

Wow, how lame is Rick's coach. Rick wanted to commit to the Huskers tonight but his coach talked him out of it and told him to take all 5 of his visits. Let's hope the coaching staff doesn't loose track of him and keeps on his tail. He should be in the book for NU unless his coach somehow convinces him to go to USC. This is why i don't like coaches who can influence a kids choice towards a certain school just because there are certain people in the school with ties to Alumni :steam

That's funny I read the same thing on Red Sea Scrolls two days ago. Where did you get this info from?

Look, don't get this board in trouble. :thumbs

Wow, how lame is Rick's coach. Rick wanted to commit to the Huskers tonight but his coach talked him out of it and told him to take all 5 of his visits. Let's hope the coaching staff doesn't loose track of him and keeps on his tail. He should be in the book for NU unless his coach somehow convinces him to go to USC. This is why i don't like coaches who can influence a kids choice towards a certain school just because there are certain people in the school with ties to Alumni  :steam

That's funny I read the same thing on Red Sea Scrolls two days ago. Where did you get this info from?

Look, don't get this board in trouble. :thumbs

You read it on Red Sea Scrolls a couple of days ago? That's interesting considering Ricky wasn't in town a couple of days ago :wtf

Whatever you read on RSS a couple of days ago was most likely specualation since he wasn't even in town. What i reported was what happened on his trip "LAST NIGHT". I highly doubt anyone could have seen the future before a recruit visited. Just out of curiosity since you said you saw it reported on RSS. Who is it that reported Ricky would commit to us last night but later decide not to because of his coach? I would love to get ahold of this psychic. See where i am going with this?

• 4 weeks later...

Visit Date: Sept. 10, 2005 (Wake Forest)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, USC, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington

Favorites: Nebraska and USC

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #12/ :star:star:star:star (Athlete)

Bid Red Report:#42/ :star:star:star (Has him listed as a RB)

Assessing the talent: Super fast with a nasty streak to him. As a junior running back after rushing for 1,234 yards (9.5 yards per carry) and 12 touchdowns. He also added 307 yards and three touchdowns on only 15 receptions. He’s a guy that wants to win and wants to work harder than anyone. His 40 time is legit. He wants to make a decision before fall starts. Most teams want him as a safety.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 70%