S/RB Ricky Thenarse

Season Stats (7 games):

Defense: 94 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumbles recovery

Offense: 785 yards rushing (13 yard per carry), 8 catches for 220 yards (27 yards a catch), and 1 touchdown.

Special Teams: 9 punt returns for 200 yards -76 yard punt return for a touchdown- (avg 22 yards per return), 12 kickoff returns for 265 yards (avg 22 yards per return)

• 1 month later...
Ricky will be visiting Oregon. Don't be suprised if he pulls the trigger and commits to them. I am not saying he will do it definetly, but there's a STRONG possibility

Thats funny, what about this quote from you in the Quintin Carter thread:

As far as Ricky Thenarse is involved, he will end up a husker when it's all said and done.
Ricky will be visiting Oregon. Don't be suprised if he pulls the trigger and commits to them. I am not saying he will do it definetly, but there's a STRONG possibility

Thats funny, what about this quote from you in the Quintin Carter thread:

As far as Ricky Thenarse is involved, he will end up a husker when it's all said and done.

Good job quoting me on a post over a month old. Just to get you up to speed since you don't bother to read all the threads in this forum. Ricky Thenarse IS NOT going to qualify academically to NU. He knows this, and THAT is why he will end up at Oregon or Fresno St. If he wasn't having academic problems, yes, i stand by what i said and that he would end up a husker, but that's not the case. At the time not many people knew how bad he was doing in school untill recently.

When a recruit visits, there are certain things they have to do before they can visit officially. One of those things is sending in your transcripts. Ricky visited Sep 9th in which he had a 2.6 GPA at the time. Right now he's at 2.2 and is about 300 points shy of qualifying on the ACT for NU. That's another reason why USC, UCLA and Cal (the hometown schools) have not offered him becuase they know he wont make the grades. Can you cite the last time a 4 star recruit from the L.A area did not get heavily pursued by one of those 3 schools? Don't think so

I honestly cannot a fathom how a kid without a learning disability fails to qualify.

Some kids slide through without actually learning anything. There's usually about 15-20 recruits each year with 4 and 5 stars who fail to qualify. FSU had 3 or 4 of its 4 star prospects not qualify for it's last recruiting class. USC had 2, Miami had 2..it happens. There is only 1 school who rarely ever has a problem with kids qualfying and that's Texas. If you are below a certain GPA and Texas thinks you wont qualify, they' wont waste their time with you, no matter how talented you are.

Corection to make. I reported the wrong score. Ricky was off by 200 points on the SAT not 300. He's taking the SAT this weekend, and lets pray to god he qualifies. God knows we could use the help in the backfield. If he commits to Oregon, it means he didn't qualify and probably wont. If he commits to NU, that means the coaches think he might make the grades, but i won't personally consider him apart of the class even if he commits untill he steps on the practice field in Lincoln next fall for fall camp. We all saw what happened with Brodrick Hunter and Wallace Franklin