S/RB Ricky Thenarse

He said on Rivals that he will come to NU as a safety and corner and see what works out best for him. That's great because you know he could just say I want to be a running back, and we all know that position already has plenty of depth. Also talked about possibly returning kicks. I hope he did get his test scores up, don't want to lose him to juco for a year like we did with hunter, franklin, and spain.

The guy's a great athlete but would he qualify? I am trying to find some information on how far he is away from qualifying.

Nebraska isn't the hardest to qualify at, but it isn't the easiest.

We've had kids that had a hard time qualifying in the past. Brandon Jackson comes immediately to mind. This isn't a new thing. I swear we go through this every year here.

Thats what many have chastised Solich for doing.
Please don't start this here.

A note for everyone else. I will be deleting posts that fall out of line in this topic. Period.

I said it before and i will say it again, even if we did land him, unless he steps foot in Lincoln and starts Fall practice, don't get too excited about this. There is a reason he didn't go to USC because he doesn't have the grades to qualify there. That's another reason why the other hometown team UCLA never offered him. Those schools are harder to get into then NU. Will he make the grades? That remains to be seen but i wouldn't be adding him to any 2 or 3 deep depth chart anytime soon. Just my 2 cents.

Ricky will be visiting Oregon. Don't be suprised if he pulls the trigger and commits to them. I am not saying he will do it definetly, but there's a STRONG possibility

Thats funny, what about this quote from you in the Quintin Carter thread:

As far as Ricky Thenarse is involved, he will end up a husker when it's all said and done.

Not to gloat anything, but i told you he would end up a Husker. Regardless, read my post above about making it to Lincoln. Not sure there is much to gloat about when it comes to that.

tflynn said:

Nameless and eric you guys seem to know the most on these recruits, so if you had to give a percentage of ricky qualifying, what would it be. i really hope he dosn't have to go the juco route, cuz i think we could definately use him next year. I also expect if he is on the borderline, that the coaches will be all over his tail to get his grades up, i just hope its not to late for him to turn it around.

I will know more once i get some information of how well he did on the retake. If he's off by 100 points or less, i put it at 60%. If he's 100 points or more off, i put it at 20%

Ricky will be visiting Oregon. Don't be suprised if he pulls the trigger and commits to them. I am not saying he will do it definetly, but there's a STRONG possibility

Thats funny, what about this quote from you in the Quintin Carter thread:

As far as Ricky Thenarse is involved, he will end up a husker when it's all said and done.

Not to gloat anything, but i told you he would end up a Husker. Regardless, read my post above about making it to Lincoln. Not sure there is much to gloat about when it comes to that.

No offense, but if you say 'yes' over here, and 'no' over there, it is pretty easy to come back in the end and say you were right and predicted it regardless of the outcome. :bang:bang:bang

Back to Thenarse...

I really hope that he can qualify, but from what I have heard, he was almost a long shot. Several people thought that some recruits last year wouldn't qualify and they ended up making it, so I hope Ricky can put his efforts into his studies now and eye the prize of being a Cornhusker NEXT season, rather than in a year or two. He may not be an immediate contributer or even play next season, but being there and getting acclimated to school and the rigors of the football program will benefit him in the long run.

DJR, I would put Thenarse into the class of Leon Jackson. At one time, it looked like a complete longshot, now he seems to be on track and might very well qualify.

Excellent, Stay the course man!

Good info, he is one NU needs.

I hope he can come in adapt and contribute at S a little better than Leon has. Here we go :thumbs

No offense, but if you say 'yes' over here, and 'no' over there, it is pretty easy to come back in the end and say you were right and predicted it regardless of the outcome.  :bang  :bang  :bang 

:yeah

No offense, but if you say 'yes' over here, and 'no' over there, it is pretty easy to come back in the end and say you were right and predicted it regardless of the outcome

I will keep that in mind next time several people jump on my case when someone ends up going someplace else. <_<

People can't give credit where it's due, but are willing to be the first people in line with the pitch forks. A case so often in particular with your DJR. Keep batting, i am sure you will hit a home run someday like the rest of posters who think it is their god given right to know what you know. It's become a provide a source or shut up mentality around here and i decided a couple of months ago to keep the recruiting information to myself and just shut up about it instead of having people jump on my case.

I wonder how many people email the Omaha World Herald, Lincoln Journal star..etc asking them to provide who their anonymous source are or shut up about it and not print it :dumdum