Huskers a default favorite?

Missourians who shake their noggins at how NU could be favored must have missed the second half of the season. They definitely missed how the Blackshirts played against KU, which was better than Mizzou fared against the Jayhawks.

This type of crap always makes me laugh. :lol:

Hey Tom, maybe its just because we saw NE needed a miricle 57 yrd FG to beat CU. Nebraskans must have missed theTigers playing the Buffs, in which MU fared much better than NE beating the Buffs 58-0.

Kansas plays Mizzou harder than they play us and Colorado plays us harder than they do against Mizzou if that makes any sense. Kansas has a HUGE rival with Mizzou and CU think they have a rival with us but they play us hard every year whethe Nebraska or Colorado are good. For almost the past decade you'd be lying if you said that Colorado hasn't given Nebraska a run for our money.

Yes we had to kick a 57 yd field goal to beat CU but we kept CU in the game if I remember (Fake field goal). We were down 14-0 and came back to tie it up with the next two possessions.

Heres the thing though. Mizzou had a better team than Nebraska did last year we all know that. Mizzou had the same talent coming into this season and did good the first part of the season but then choked toward the end of the season losing to OSU, Texas, Kansas and to OU. Mizzou sqeeked by Baylor and got killed against OU just as bad as we did. My point is that Mizzou had a hell of a season in 07 and in 08 Mizzou was in the talks to compete with the National Championship spot but had a a worse record compared to the previous year with just about the same talent and barely beating Northwestern.

Nebraska had one of its worst team in history for the 07 season and to come into the 08 season and there wasn't to much high talk on us. We were ok in the first couple games but we got better toward the end of the season and shocked a lot of people. Yes we barely beat CU and Baylor was giving us a scare in the first half but then we pulled it together and beat them in the second half but we also came close to beating Texas Tech on their field and they were ranked. For a team that had the same talent in 07 who had one of the worst seasons ever to come into 08 and to do what they did was pretty amazing. Clemson was ranked at the start of the season but they had the same meltdown we had in 07 but rebounded after they got their new coach and had a defense that was ranked in the top 25. Clemson lost a lot of close games and should've had a better record than what they had at the end of the season.

Thats why alot of tiger fans are happy about the change in D-cordinator, Pinkle gives his cords alot of room to do as they wish and Coach E. sucked hind tit for years.

The LB coach took over right?

You have a decent tackle in Baston, but other than that I don't see any standouts on the line. The pass D was what really killed you last year (although, it did alot of Big 12 Ds), but I think many will be impressed by CB Rutland and FS Jackson.

LBs will be your strong point on D. Pass rush will need to improve and a big question mark is how good the pass D will be with mostly new players in your secondary.

Should be interesting.

You wont have to wait to long. I am not really sure what to expect. Its tough to say without seeing the teams in action. Really, though if I had to say what I thought MU would do this year, I would say its inbetween. Not as bad as some say, not as good as others. Right in the middle. Somewhere around 7-8 wins. It could be a couple worse than that or a couple better. it all depends on how things break out. But thats what makes it fun huh?

Yeah, I put Missou at 6 or 7 wins this season. It depends how they handle Illinois and Nevada, but I think those two games will be pretty tough. Illinois is one team that may surprise many this year and Nevada looks to be pretty solid if they can field a D.

Let me just say. That was not a knock on NE, It was a point to when people pull out the "we beat someone you lost too", or "we beat them by more than you did". I just used an example that I knew right away. Seeing as though I know the most about MU thats one that I immediatly thought of

Truth is if KU had played NE the same way they played MU, maybe they win the game. IF CU played MU the way they did NE it would have been much closer than it was. Nobody knows for sure. I just always get a kick out of people using that logic to make a point. You cant, week to week every team is different and thats before you even consider who they are playing.

Let me just say. That was not a knock on NE, It was a point to when people pull out the "we beat someone you lost too", or "we beat them by more than you did". I just used an example that I knew right away. Seeing as though I know the most about MU thats one that I immediatly thought of

I hate that logic too. Wasn't it 2 or 3 years ago that Chadron State would beat Florida by 230 points or some such? Chadron beat Western East Central Montana State - Third tree from the left campus, who beat Colorado, :lol: and so on

I hate that logic too. Wasn't it 2 or 3 years ago that Chadron State would beat Florida by 230 points or some such? Chadron beat Western East Central Montana State - Third tree from the left campus, who beat Colorado, :lol: and so on

they even have a website for chain vicorys. its pretty funny if you dont take it serious. Football Chain Victory Website

NW Missouri St beat

Washburn who beat

Missouri St who beat

Youngstown St who beat

North Dakota St who beat

Southern Illinois who beat

Northern Iowa who beat

New Hampshire who beat

Army who beat

Louisiana Tech who beat

Mississippi St who beat

Vanderbilt who beat