Compared to the elite programs in the country, this recruiting class is pitiful. They have got to do a better job w/ recruiting, somehow, some way.

Easy, easy. The sky isn't falling. Wait at least until signing day to enter panic mode. We don't have that many fewer recruits than we did last year at this time, and that class turned out solid. It'll be alright.

Compared to the elite programs in the country, this recruiting class is pitiful. They have got to do a better job w/ recruiting, somehow, some way.

Easy, easy. The sky isn't falling. Wait at least until signing day to enter panic mode. We don't have that many fewer recruits than we did last year at this time, and that class turned out solid. It'll be alright.

really, looking at some of the other good programs, we are in denial when it comes to recruiting and our accomplishments at this point in the process. i am not saying Pelini and his guys aren't good at recruiting, but this is a damn tough place to recruit. other than the coaching and game day atmosphere, we fall short in everything else that is attractive to today's recruits.....

All I know is, I live in Baton Rouge and LSU already has 19 recruits. What exactly is so attractive about Baton Rouge frickin' Louisiana? The food is great; the women are gorgeous; the weather is warm (but miserable). Yet they have nowhere near the tradition of NU. Texas has even more recruits, as does Alabama, and numerous other schools. What the heck does Tuscaloosa have that Nebraska doesn't? If you don't think Nebraska is "behind" at this point, you are sadly mistaken.

All I know is, I live in Baton Rouge and LSU already has 19 recruits. What exactly is so attractive about Baton Rouge frickin' Louisiana? The food is great; the women are gorgeous; the weather is warm (but miserable). Yet they have nowhere near the tradition of NU. Texas has even more recruits, as does Alabama, and numerous other schools. What the heck does Tuscaloosa have that Nebraska doesn't? If you don't think Nebraska is "behind" at this point, you are sadly mistaken.

"Behind" perhaps...

However, Nebraska has August, September, October, November, December and January...that's six plus months to fill basically 11-12 spots.

Now, if it's the end of December or just getting into January are they're still sitting at four commits...then I believe there would be cause for at least a little bit of concern.

Tradition doesn't mean anything these days. If it did, Notre Dame and Syracuse would be top tier teams. Welcome to the Twitter age. Attention spans are shorter than Mark Mangino's artery diameters. If you haven't played in a BCS bowl in the last 5 years, you're struggling for top prospects. Last time I checked, LSU has won 2 in the last 5 years.

really, looking at some of the other good programs, we are in denial when it comes to recruiting and our accomplishments at this point in the process. i am not saying Pelini and his guys aren't good at recruiting, but this is a damn tough place to recruit. other than the coaching and game day atmosphere, we fall short in everything else that is attractive to today's recruits.....

I'm not worried. Win and they will come. It's eerily opposite of what we were hearing some 3 odd years ago. "Callahan is recruiting talent that will win us a national championship (without even considering his ability to coach up that talent.)" vs. "Pelini is such a great coach that he can win with a team full of walk-ons."

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. And I hope this thread is resurrected come signing day so we can see how the class progressed over the year . . . and hopefully we can remember that for the summer of 2010 when people will undoubtedly be freaking out again.

"Behind" perhaps...

However, Nebraska has August, September, October, November, December and January...that's six plus months to fill basically 11-12 spots.

Now, if it's the end of December or just getting into January are they're still sitting at four commits...then I believe there would be cause for at least a little bit of concern.

By that time, the only prospects that will be left on the board are WAC, MAC, and Mountain West leftovers.