As frustrating as losing Terry is, it is very difficult for most people to understand what an athlete is going through at this point in their life. I can remember when I was being recruited in high school that I changed my thought process on a month to month basis....hell even a day to day. You have adults telling how great you are and how much you can help their program and it really sends your thought process out of whack.

It is exciting to get these "verbal commitments" but they do not mean anything to me until they sign. Each school probably has their story about a kid changing his mind and going elsewhere. It just sucks that NU loses the kid to a conference opponent....and Kansas none the less. KU has made strides in the past few years so I guess this is something that could continue.....I just hope the coaches continue to work hard to get the guys in here and get them to sign.

Having half or more of your scholarships used up by the start of the season isn't a great situation either. A lot of kids emerge in their last year of high school. And early commits don't always work out, this time last year Shawn Bodtmann seemed like a good pick up out of Pennsylvania and we know how that ended up. The coaches can get a feel for how kids are doing academically better in october than in june, which is another problem our coaches have had to deal with recently. I know that recruiting seems to be a hesitate and lose business but rushing to get verbals isn't great either.

It's even more frustrating that we are being out recruited by KU and MU at this point. Zach Bolton the 17th ranked guard in the nation, a guy we offered and seemed to be targeting pretty heavily committed to KU today. I think that puts them at 11 commits compared to our 4. Included in that 4 is Sloan who IMO won't end up signing with us.

as jayhawk fan linked, it is worse than fans thought. he didn't go to mommy's U but just quit NU! makes one wonder if all the rumors of coaches indiffernce to continuing to court recruits, not returning calls and overal ineptitude in the process is troubling. these koolaid drinkers who claim it is not a problem are rationalizing nonperformance by this unproven coaching staff. KU and MU are getting it done with quality players and to those who feel NU is back baby? Have to wait to see what transpires this fall as have to go to Lawrence, Waco, columbia, blackwater and Boulder! Plus those who think T Tech is down havn't been paying attention to how Mike Leach reloads on the fly, inserting a new qb without missing a beat and their D was much improved last year. This is going to be a very tough year and those who are talking about playing for big 12 championship are very premature. By the time Nu plays MU on thursday on National TV, will have a much better idea of who huskers truly are.

sorry to disagree but NU's D wasn't all that last year, only fattened up statwise against the weak opponents at end of year. against the hated Tigers when the games actually mattered they didn't even force one punt and didn't even slow up the Sooner offense. bo hasn't proven anything yet, with only two returning very good defenders and too many unknowns, all this optimism doesn;t seem warranted. What were the coaches thinking last year in not bringing in a ton of grt wide receivers? One juco retread in the class and a converted rb? the returning players are nothing to get excited about, so who is Lee supposed to throw to?

And Pellini's shortsightedness about not giving his backups PT when Huskers were being blown out by MU and OU will come back to haunt Big Red, why didn't Lee get on the field? there were at least 6 games he could have gained exp at for this year, where huskers were getting beat up or were doing the beating. Plus all this bleating about all these RS's? If they were that good why wern't they playing instead of walkon's and backups? Now the D is too dependent on good athletes with zero experience.

Also makes one wonder if the rumors of "other" coaches violating non-contact rules are true.

BTW, thanks so much for your insightful critiques of the NU program. Gosh, do you mind if we go on a MU site and return the favor?

There's a gentleman's rule that Fro and Jayhawk observe about decorum of guests on this board. I suggest you check their posts out.....

Well thats interesting. So does this mean we are still in it?

Going to KU. And it's official.

:wtf

He is still undecided as the link states so it isn't official. Yet

http://kansas.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.a...p;mid=&rid=

We're pretty used to thrashing everyone in bball recruiting. Feels pretty good to do it in fball too.

:bang:bang yeah, we sure are beating the pants off everyone. We will probably finish with the 34-45 best recruiting class. seriously man, it's Aug 3.

Well thats interesting. So does this mean we are still in it?

Going to KU. And it's official.

:wtf

He is still undecided as the link states so it isn't official. Yet

http://kansas.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.a...p;mid=&rid=

We're pretty used to thrashing everyone in bball recruiting. Feels pretty good to do it in fball too.

Will Terry end up at Nebraska or Kansas? Dunno. All I'm saying is don't get penisy until you guys have received his LOI.

And for the record, I want Terry to pick the school he'll be the most happy at...even if it's Kansas.

Just for the record, very little of what I will post here will be entirely serious or at all mean-spirited.

Good luck, Huskers. And beat Mizzou, k?

We'll do that and just to show how much we like you, we'll throw in a beating of Kansas at no extra charge. You're welcome.

:box

:restore

Jen - I recognize that name from a Missouri site. He (or she) is an angry bitter person. I don't read his (or her) posts on the other site, nor will I do so here. So, I have no idea what you were responding to, but I'm sure there will be a spin job that will follow. An angry bitter spin job most likely.

it's the mizzou scout site he and FHD are the biggest um...*woodshed material beeped* in the world.

they are likc huck fuskers.