New Commit

When you see a 40 yard dash time off of an internet site, you need to add .25 seconds to it.

Jeremy Macklin ran a 4.40 at the NFL combine. There is no way this kid runs like Macklin.

Agreed. If he were a legit 4.4 he would be running a 10.15 - 10.2 hundred meters and would be the track star of the state. Nebraska may produce one athlete per 5 years that runs a legit, electronic 4.40. Of course, the number per year that report a 4.4 is quite high. They lie.

An electronic 4.40 is rare --- even in the NFL. Certainly the average WR in the NFL does not run an electronic 4.40.

This young man is quite more likely an electronic 4.65 or so. And, as it were, that is pretty fast.

When you see a 40 yard dash time off of an internet site, you need to add .25 seconds to it.

Jeremy Macklin ran a 4.40 at the NFL combine. There is no way this kid runs like Macklin.

Agreed. If he were a legit 4.4 he would be running a 10.15 - 10.2 hundred meters and would be the track star of the state. Nebraska may produce one athlete per 5 years that runs a legit, electronic 4.40. Of course, the number per year that report a 4.4 is quite high. They lie.

An electronic 4.40 is rare --- even in the NFL. Certainly the average WR in the NFL does not run an electronic 4.40.

This young man is quite more likely an electronic 4.65 or so. And, as it were, that is pretty fast.

A guy over at the HI free board claims to know for a fact that at one of the camps he ran a 4.51 electronic 40. I would guess that the 4.48 certainly is believable then.

6'2 and runs a 4.4 40.....Looks like we have our new Nate Swift of the bunch!

Nate Swift ran a 4.7

I don't have proof of his 4.48 being electronically timed at the NU camp, but it is the time that they list on Scout. Since Scout talked to him right after camp, I guess you could assume that they updated his time to reflect the camp. However I don't have a subscription to confirm that. On Husker Extra they did an article on him though and said he won State in the 100M dash at the Class B level with a time of 10.95 seconds. Pretty athletic also as he lead the state in BB scoring average at 19+ a game. Seems quick enough and atheletic enough to be a good Safety.

Just because you can run the forty at a 4.4 doesnt mean you will 10.20 100 meters he might be able to get up to full speed quick and then not to fast after that. I agree with you that I doubt it was Electronic timed so I wouldnt put to much stock into it but you know he is a Nebraska Kid living his dream so Props to him.

This article confirms that Tyler did indeed run a 4.48 at a camp.

RECRUITING: Local Star Commits to NU

By HuskerLocker

Nebraska’s football team has a commitment – and he’s from inside the state’s borders.

Tyler Evans, a 6-foot-2, 180-pounder from Waverly, got the offer Wednesday and said yes later in the day, two recruiting sites confirmed. Evans, who ran 40-yard-dash time of 4.48 seconds at NU’s camp in June, was a recent visitor to the North Stadium complex for the Huskers’ Junior Day.

Evans played cornerback and quarterback for Waverly last year, and is also a star on the basketball team. He amassed more than 1,200 total yards on offense last year, and intercepted eight passes on defense.

Evans said he projects as either a wide receiver or safety at the next level.

NU now has five total verbal commitments for the 2010 recruiting class. That’s 11th in the Big 12, just ahead of Colorado, which has four. Texas A&M leads the way with 20; Texas has 19.

Note: We talked about Evans in a recent recruiting update. Listen to it here.

This article confirms that Tyler did indeed run a 4.48 at a camp.

By HuskerLocker

Nebraska’s football team has a commitment – and he’s from inside the state’s borders.

Tyler Evans, a 6-foot-2, 180-pounder from Waverly, got the offer Wednesday and said yes later in the day, two recruiting sites confirmed. Evans, who ran 40-yard-dash time of 4.48 seconds at NU’s camp in June, was a recent visitor to the North Stadium complex for the Huskers’ Junior Day.

Evans played cornerback and quarterback for Waverly last year, and is also a star on the basketball team. He amassed more than 1,200 total yards on offense last year, and intercepted eight passes on defense.

Evans said he projects as either a wide receiver or safety at the next level.

NU now has five total verbal commitments for the 2010 recruiting class. That’s 11th in the Big 12, just ahead of Colorado, which has four. Texas A&M leads the way with 20; Texas has 19.

Note: We talked about Evans in a recent recruiting update. Listen to it here.

I think the point is that the players report their own times to the media so there's nothing to prevent them from reporting better times than they actually got.

i wonder what freud would say about you're passive agressiveness.

I wonder what your English teacher would say about your use of the word "you're."

And yeah, I know Rivals doesn't give small-town kids their dues, I'm sure he'll be a good athlete for us and I'd be willing to bet he has a harder work ethic than most of the kids on the team. He's homegrown and has always wanted to be a Cornhusker. If he turns out like Swift you can't ask for much more.

i wonder what freud would say about you're passive agressiveness.

I wonder what your English teacher would say about your use of the word "you're."

And yeah, I know Rivals doesn't give small-town kids their dues, I'm sure he'll be a good athlete for us and I'd be willing to bet he has a harder work ethic than most of the kids on the team. He's homegrown and has always wanted to be a Cornhusker. If he turns out like Swift you can't ask for much more.

i don't know they never taught us how to conjugate. they were to interested in feeding us terrible books.