I'm so freakin' pumped!

This team is just oozing well-tempered confidence and some serious determination.

We aren't Nebraska because we attract all of the "top" talent in the country. We aren't Nebraska because you can come showcase your talent here amidst a media circus.

We are NEBRASKA because we we coach up the right kids, with the right staff in the right way. We teach them to look past themselves and join a brotherhood. To become a stick in a bundle that cannot be broken.

I say your infinite patience will be well rewarded Husker Nation. Better days are just around the corner. When last season has been revealed as no anomaly, the word will spread. The Husker legends of tomorrow will find their way home.

I was born during Tagge's touchdown in the Game of the Century. I bleed scarlet. I know in my guts that we are on the cusp. There will be tragedies along the way, but they will be far outweighed by the glories.

GO BIG RED!

post-4003-1249778464.gif

I just watched the vids on Huskers.com with all of the player press conferences. You can just tell these guys are ready to get started but know there's still room to improve. I love the attitudes and the apparent willingness to leave the egos behind. It would appear that Bo has the team attitude in its proper place. They know the potential, but also realize there still work to be done. They know what kind of team they can be. Am I excited...OMG...I can't wait! If a couple of areas pan out (WR/QB/LB), this team can shock the college football world.

The magic 8-ball is telling me that WR is going to be the beautiful surprise that the D-line was last year.

Between what I saw at the Spring Game and what they are saying about Kinnie, I'm not very worried.

Don't even get me started about the TE's. Players and coach.

Brown may be a little church-y for some, but he is a soldier for all that is good in the world and hell of a nice guy to boot.

The magic 8-ball is telling me that WR is going to be the beautiful surprise that the D-line was last year.

Between what I saw at the Spring Game and what they are saying about Kinnie, I'm not very worried.

Don't even get me started about the TE's. Players and coach.

Brown may be a little church-y for some, but he is a soldier for all that is good in the world and hell of a nice guy to boot.

Yeah!!!! :hellloooo:clap:w00t:woo

I wish Brown was both TE/WR coach, though. Churchy or not, Ron Brown is just flat out awesomeness.

Alright, boys, practice your guts out, literally, and let's get this season underway.

The magic 8-ball is telling me that WR is going to be the beautiful surprise that the D-line was last year./quote]

I was just thinking this on the way in to the office this AM. Last year Carl Pelini said the D Line would be a strength of the team and most people kind of harrumphed about that. But they were loaded with talent and deep enough to recover from the loss of Turner early on, and as the season wore on they started to shine, especially against K-State, Kansas and Clemson.

I would hope it won't take half the season for the WR corps to assert itself, but it might. While we're working out the kinks we have a few good TEs and a couple of pretty good RBs to take the pressure off, and both backs can catch the ball, too.

Look at the sheer number of guys we have ready to catch passes:

Meno Holt

Niles Paul

Curenski Gilleylen

Will Henry

Chris Brooks

Antonio Bell

Marcus Mendoza

Tim Marlowe

Brandon Kinnie

And that's not the whole list. If these guys step at all like the guys on the D Line did last year, we're going to be scoring in bunches.

Some info on Kinnie from Husker Extra:

Receiver Kinnie making impression

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON and BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star

Saturday, Aug 08, 2009 - 09:46:58 pm CDT

If receiver Brandon Kinnie makes half the impression on Husker coaches in fall camp as he did on his teammates during the summer, the junior college transfer will make an immediate impact this fall.

“He’s a beast,” junior tight end Mike McNeill said. “He was really impressive (in 7-on-7 drills). He ran good routes, had good hands. He did a good job this summer.”

Kinnie is a 6-foot-2, 215-pound sophomore from Kansas City, Mo., who spent two years at Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College. He played only one season there, so he has three years of eligibility.

Nebraska must replace its top two receivers — Nate Swift and Todd Peterson.

“BK is very explosive, very fast, he has strong hands,” senior safety Larry Asante said. “He doesn’t drop passes. He’s real impressive.”

Some have compared Kinnie to former Husker receiver Maurice Purify.

“He’s not quite as big as Maurice, but maybe a little bit faster,” McNeill said. “But he’s similar, coming from junior college, a big body. I think he’s got big-play ability kind of like Maurice did.”

My head is about to explode. I can think of little else than football. I am a hopeless optimist who see's nothing bot potential in my teams. I envision greatness on every play. Blackshirts blowing people up. I Backs on 60 yard TD scampers. Big blocks down field by WRs. Diving grabs to move the chains. In my head runs an endless highlight reel.