Is this song used by the Huskers?

jayhawk

I don;t think it is meant to demean Nebraska, and it is catchy. I hum it all the time now....

It is catchy. I've been humming it since it was posted.

I don't think it's meant to demean Nebraska. Even if it was, I'm not offended. We have a proud agricultural tradition here, and hog farming is part of it. I have no interest in nor ties to agriculture, but my grandfather and uncle farmed and I respected them both a great deal. If this is a "crack" at Nebraska... I've heard better.

jayhawk, do they sing this before every home game? If so, it'd be pretty hard to call it a dig on Nebraska.

I don;t think it is meant to demean Nebraska, and it is catchy. I hum it all the time now....

It is catchy. I've been humming it since it was posted.

I don't think it's meant to demean Nebraska. Even if it was, I'm not offended. We have a proud agricultural tradition here, and hog farming is part of it. I have no interest in nor ties to agriculture, but my grandfather and uncle farmed and I respected them both a great deal. If this is a "crack" at Nebraska... I've heard better.

jayhawk, do they sing this before every home game? If so, it'd be pretty hard to call it a dig on Nebraska.

My understanding is they sing it before pregame, every time. I do not think it is a subtle diss at all, I think it was a catchy camp tune that turned into a tradition. The game they are singing it before in the video was Iowa State, not Nebraska. They do not do it in a very public place, I only recently found out they do it at all. You can hear them down there before pregame, but most people are up in their seats or out tailgating, they do it right after the march down from playing for the tailgaters but before they take part in the pregame on the field. I hum it too, that is probably how it started, the original guy just like to sing the song...

I see there are two negative posts on tje youtube already, I assume as the result of this. I would only say this, they do anice job on the song and I think it is no way meant to demean Nebraska (School or State). I actually was impressed with how catchy it was when I heard it and wondered if people from Nebraska knew more about the song, but I think a few people might be taking it in a way other than it was intended.

When it's hog calling time in Nebraska...

...we usually go after girls from Lawrence. :)

Other than Austin, TX, I am not sure there are better looking women anywhere in the Big 12 than Lawrence. Maybe some ties for second with us...

I couldn't agree more and a big part of the reason I left Omaha and headed to Lawrence for college. I'm a big KU football fan but I just want them to lose 1 game every year. You can't take the big red football out of me for anything.

When it's hog calling time in Nebraska...

...we usually go after girls from Lawrence. :)

Other than Austin, TX, I am not sure there are better looking women anywhere in the Big 12 than Lawrence. Maybe some ties for second with us...

I couldn't agree more and a big part of the reason I left Omaha and headed to Lawrence for college. I'm a big KU football fan but I just want them to lose 1 game every year. You can't take the big red football out of me for anything.

Yeah, that is easy to understand. It is nice to have some passion for life. I just happen to be a fan of expressing some of that passion on Saturdays in the fall.